1450 TC Electra glide not starting

Satty

Club Member
I have a 2006 electra glide ultra classic with 22k miles. I used it for a small run recently but it failed to start following stop after 8 miles. It did start as per normal, I blipped the throttle then it cut out and wouldn't start. The engine cranks over but not firing. I'm getting good sparks from plugs, but plugs are dry with no real smell of fuel on them. I don't have gear to electrical diagnose or pressure check fuel system. Just looking for some advice on what checks to do prior to 'putting it in for diagnostic'. Battery was new 9 months ago and seems OK, ie 12.5 volts and cranks engine over well. All fuses good, fuel pump is working ok. Many thanks in advance.

No engine management light on, wouldn't know how to get codes. I've actually got it started now but it dies and cuts out sometimes running for longer then cutting out. All I did was take air filter assembly off and clean, plus pushing fuel tank connector up and it makes a bleeding type noise. I will strip tank down and check filter, thank you.

If it is the same procedure as mine (2000 FXST), with ignition off, press and hold the Trip Button on the Console, then turn on ignition and release the Trip Button. Where your mileage is displayed it will show CODE. you can then cycle through all stored codes by pressing and releasing the Trip Button. Write down any Codes displayed.

If it is the same procedure as mine (2000 FXST), with ignition off, press and hold the Trip Button on the Console, then turn on ignition and release the Trip Button. Where your mileage is displayed it will show CODE. you can then cycle through all stored codes by pressing and releasing the Trip Button. Write down any Codes displayed.
Hi thanks for this, mine seems different. I press trip, ign off, mileage comes on, then turn ign on and comes up with d1A9, and there's no code like that in my troubleshooting codes. In addition it seems to start and run for longer when I push the tank fuel connector up. So as previous comments need to strip internals, fuel lines etc and check!/clean

“d1Ag” stands for Diagnostic. Did you then press and release button to cycle through stored Codes?

Hi, OK that makes sense, if I press trip again it shows 'PSSPt' with 'P' flashing, if I press trip again the 'S' flashes and so on. PSSPt or P55Pt doesn't seem to be a code.

Hi, OK that makes sense, if I press trip again it shows 'PSSPt' with 'P' flashing, if I press trip again the 'S' flashes and so on. PSSPt or P55Pt doesn't seem to be a code.
If I hold trip down when P is flashing that gives a code P0373 which is Crank position sensor intermittent. Then it says end

Hold the trip down on each flashing letter in turn and write down codes for each one. From memory,, this is different to my bike, each press of the button gave me a different code but Someone on here will know more.

Hi Pat, Thank you for link. This also ties up with info I have in clymer workshop manual. I will order new sensor on Monday, and hopefully go from there.
Thanks again

You're welcome.
Get yourself a Genuine H-D Workshop and Parts Manual, expensive I know but well worth it. Clymer are just a little better than Haynes but not very good.
Try this link for Free Workshop Manuals you can download, see if your bike is there. Click HERE for website.
If not try this one HERE. It costs a few dollars but well worth having.
Good Luck...Pat. :)

Back