40 years, and the only pic

The Drach Man

Club Member
I've never ever had a photo of me on a bike in all the years I've been riding. Weird. Yesterday I went on the 'Live to Ride' event in Lincolnshire . A bit cool, and a little bit wet....175 riders of all sorts attended. One shovel. Guess who.

Lots of bikes - I had a little bet with a friend about how it would turn out. Sports bike riders arrived at the destination before they left the start point - tick. BMW riders went through all the puddles and mud - tick. 1980s 175s wheelied - tick. Harley riders at the back - tick.

MH2303-10400C-(ZF-1010-81601-1-001)-1.jpg

Great photo - the photographer has successfully captured clearly a rider in motion on a great looking classic H-D - frame it and display it!

On the subject of missing photos - one year at Shipley we got one of the club "characters" up on stage in his full on Gladiator-cum-Mad Max outfit with some girls (who were in on it) and then a bunch of us hiding backstage danced on wearing gear made from cardboard boxes etc! the word had spread and the crowd went nuts, a sea of flash photos etc.....never seen a single picture, nothing in 'Quin, nothing in mags like BSH...its like it never happened!!?? (didn't the Thunderbirds machines have a device to blank out any photographs...?)

On the subject of missing photos - one year at Shipley we got one of the club "characters" up on stage in his full on Gladiator-cum-Mad Max outfit with some girls (who were in on it) and then a bunch of us hiding backstage danced on wearing gear made from cardboard boxes etc! the word had spread and the crowd went nuts, a sea of flash photos etc.....never seen a single picture, nothing in 'Quin, nothing in mags like BSH...its like it never happened!!?? (didn't the Thunderbirds machines have a device to blank out any photographs...?)
He was a good laugh conan, on the Friday a rallyist got up on stage and thumped him, Karen saw it, the guy Conan was a matcial Arts Expert, who could of leathered they guy but chose not too as he loved the club

That's a really tidy Bike, well sorted!!
Shipley, always confused me, those guys that wore those brand new "Massive" Cowboy Hats, how the hell do you strap them on a Bike and then party Night comes, and hey Bro', Brand new Huge Cowboy Hat??!!!
Not the leather ones you left in the mud outside the tent, a full on John Wayne one!!!

Very nice. What front mudguard is that you've got fitted?
I had the 'guard made, aluminium - don't have an English wheel so couldn't fabricate it myself.....I made the mount brackets, also alu, and had one similar on the back. A minor mishap at speed saw me replace that one with the black one you see here, made from an old item off my garage shelf, with fabricated brackets, fixed to the frame.

Thanks for that, our detail metal workers used to make some beautifully complex aircraft parts on the English Wheel. I always liked the Eckold Piccolo machine. I've used both but what a skill to do it well.

Back