9v Rechargable alarm battery 03 Road King

Ukkid76

Hi all

My alarm battery needs replacing, do I go to Harley Davidson and buy one from them, or can I get one for a quarter of the price at "say" Maplins or somewhere similar?

Re: 9v Rechargable alarm battery 03 Road King

Don't think they are rechargeable. We just sold 'our' 03 Dyna, but as I recall they are standard button cells, available in some supermarkets, stationers, ebay, etc, as well as Maplins and the like. It will have a model number stamped on it that is universal, like CR1620 or similar.

Hi all

My alarm battery needs replacing, do I go to Harley Davidson and buy one from them, or can I get one for a quarter of the price at "say" Maplins or somewhere similar?

Not talking key fobs I presume?

Google search ''harley davidson security alarm battery'' bought me back to our own website :D :D

http://www.harley-davidson-hangout....y/81421-alarm-siren-battery-alternatives.html

69018-00 - SIREN BATTERY REPLACEMENT KIT - Sycamore Harley-Davidson Store | Parts & Accessories | Motorclothes | Gifts & Collectables

Jersey H-D
68959-00
This part supersedes the following part numbers:

Click the part number to see details

?21.62

Last edited:

Don't think they are rechargeable. We just sold 'our' 03 Dyna, but as I recall they are standard button cells, available in some supermarkets, stationers, ebay, etc, as well as Maplins and the like. It will have a model number stamped on it that is universal, like CR1620 or similar.

No it's not the key fob one I'm asking about it's the battery that is cited in the alarm module bolted on the bike, Part number 69018-00.

Last edited:

Not talking key fobs I presume?

Google search ''harley davidson security alarm battery'' bought me back to our own website :D :D

http://www.harley-davidson-hangout....y/81421-alarm-siren-battery-alternatives.html

69018-00 - SIREN BATTERY REPLACEMENT KIT - Sycamore Harley-Davidson Store | Parts & Accessories | Motorclothes | Gifts & Collectables

68959-00
This part supersedes the following part numbers:

Click the part number to see details

?21.62

Jersey H-D

O yea thatks Baza we overlapped on our reply I'll try and get one from a HD dealer I think.....

This is the extract from the Siren Kit, it would appear you do not have to use the HD battery but must be a
Nickel Metal Hydride battery (NiMH)
The Harley Kit does come with a new gasket and cover which may well get broken on replacement.

Forget all the previous posts below is the replacement battery fitting instructions.

I find Chester H-D cheaper for most items than Jersey at this present time with a 20% discount.

Both previous numbers discontinued:- 69309-10

Smart Siren Battery Replacement Kit

hd_spacer_e204.gif

Replacement Battery Kit for Harley-Davidson? Factory Security System Smart Siren includes replacement nickel metal hydride battery and instructions.
hd_spacer_e204.gif

spacer_cccccc_1a21e.gif
69309-10
hd_spacer_e204.gif

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.
hd_spacer_e204.gif

Universal.
hd_spacer_e204.gif

MSRP US $14.95​

69018_00_M_123cf.jpg

Last edited:

No it's not the key fob one I'm asking about it's the battery that is cited in the alarm module bolted on the bike, Part number 69018-00.

Ah! I jumped to conclusions! :eek:

It's probably a PP3.

But with the kit there is a cover (that may break when removing the old battery) and a seal.

IMO best to remove all doubt and get the pukka one :wink:

Here

Warning - just got a so-called kit, and the latest version comes with instructions that, like the old ones, tell you to replace both lid and seal, but - wait for it - the seal and lid are no longer included, and are not available separately.

This according to Zanottis, from where I bought it when I was out there.

So, check what you're getting before you buy, and if it's just a stock Varta rechargeable cell, why buy it in a Harley box...?

Changed mine over the winter , the battery is a stock PP3 rechargeable NI mh cell , if you break the lid on the battery box you must have been trying to get it off with a mallet , clips off no bother with your thumbnail install with a good smear of dielectric grease and Bobs your uncle , Fanny's yer aunt. eBay do a good selection of high capacity cells for not money , simples :439:

Do i have one of these batteries in my 2003 softail standard ?? I don't have access to my owners Manuel as i have lent it to some one and they have not returned it back to me..

Hi all

As you're in Italy,Maplins + postage not really an option.
Get one from local dealer,and move on to the tractor repairs.:wink:

As you're in Italy,Maplins + postage not really an option.
Get one from local dealer,and move on to the tractor repairs.:wink:

Ha Ha very funny.......... were not that far behind here you know

I've ordered one from our local hardware store they sell everything from chicken feed to Hand crafted flint spears.......

He did look at me funny when I asked for a "9v PP3 NiMH 150Mah" but said he'll do his best........:wink:

I thought a Harley was like working on a tractor......:D

Do i have one of these batteries in my 2003 softail standard ?? I don't have access to my owners Manuel as i have lent it to some one and they have not returned it back to me..

You sure do, if it's fitted with the factory alarm.

Thanks for letting me know,It does have a factory alarm,How do i know when the battery is Knackered as i have never looked at it or replaced it.Does it bleep like a house fire alarm battery ? What are the symptoms thanks.

The alarm siren has an independent rechargeable battery that is charged off the bikes system, if this has failed or has been flattened it would/may not have recharged.
H-D give the life span of the siren battery 3 to 6 years in normal use.
This battery may not charge if the bike voltage is below 12.5 volts
If there is a problem with the siren battery it gives extra chirps on arm/disarm ie two rather than one etc.

t3.jpg

Back