And it starts

PMK

Reps Liaison Officer
Last night I stopped in Tesco to buy beer for when I get home tonight. As I left the ABS light refused to extinguish.

I checked the codes this morning and one was P1010 which is missing password 🤯

On riding to work it flashed up to 5mph then remained illuminated

I'm going to write the codes down tomorrow, is there a list somewhere ?

I can also get fault codes via my FP3 which I'll look at too.

The brakes work by the way

2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited

I do have a warranty and am going to use it in earnest. I just wanted to ensure it was safe to use

I normally just clear P codes on my FP3 without any problem ,or re flash the base map when the fuel gauge decides not to work

I normally just clear P codes on my FP3 without any problem ,or re flash the base map when the fuel gauge decides not to work
I don't think the P1010 Code relates to the ABS though.
I think that's more a Start / Run Issue?

What you say is true p1010 is missing password between tssm and ecm as they speak during system check sometimes the voltage drop on starting if you start the bike before it finishes its check cycle before the lights go out on the dash , check the battery terminals clear the codes then start bike after allowing it to go through the check cycle and see if it sorts it

Last night I stopped in Tesco to buy beer for when I get home tonight. As I left the ABS light refused to extinguish.

I checked the codes this morning and one was P1010 which is missing password 🤯

On riding to work it flashed up to 5mph then remained illuminated

I'm going to write the codes down tomorrow, is there a list somewhere ?

I can also get fault codes via my FP3 which I'll look at too.

The brakes work by the way

2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited
The ABS Light may be something as simple as a dirty Sensor on the Wheel. I had it on a Versys 1000 after a particularly filthy mile or two...

Reactions: M&M
Strangerer and stranger I cleared the codes and set off for work. The light was on constantly. I got to work and wiggled a wire I found from the front wheel alongside the brake hose.

On the way home, no light until 11 miles in on roundabout, ping, on comes the light.

I'm going out tomorrow for a fiddle

Strangerer and stranger I cleared the codes and set off for work. The light was on constantly. I got to work and wiggled a wire I found from the front wheel alongside the brake hose.

On the way home, no light until 11 miles in on roundabout, ping, on comes the light.

That will be the Wire from the ABS Sensor, I suspect that's where your problem is. If it is, at least it's a relatively cheap and simple fix...

If you have a Warranty, don't fiddle as it will potentially be used against you.
Take it back and get the dealership to sort it and log the dates of actions and issues for future use if they can't fix it so you have a timeline of events.

Right then, been out and checked the codes. Thank you those that have posted links, they've been saved for posterity.

It's showing C1025 &C1032 which both point at front ABS/Speed sensor.

Calling the warranty company to sort something

Right then, been out and checked the codes. Thank you those that have posted links, they've been saved for posterity.

It's showing C1025 &C1032 which both point at front ABS/Speed sensor.

Calling the warranty company to sort something
i'd have thought the place you bought it from should be the first port of call, not the warranty company?

Back