Anyone interested ?

Kiwi_Bill

Club Member
Hi Region 16 members, are there any members who reside in the South of the region who are keen for a meet-up, and an ale (or two) some time. Thinking along the lines of The Barge Inn at Battlesbridge, or open to any other suggestions..

... and if anyone in southern reaches of Region 16 may be looking for a convenient place to meet up with other like minded folk, I have been reliably informed that the 'One Green Bottle' located at Muggeridge Farm, Battlesbridge (Antique Market) is a popular locale for riders on Tuesday & Wednesday evenings (when the weather gets warmer !!).

Hello Bill are you in contact with any of our South Essex members ? I know most of our posts are in Essex Harley Riders on Facebook so you might get a better response there . If you contact Trevor Durham or Lesley Haines they can help you. I will mention you on our messenger forum so hopefully you'll get a response. Meeting up with more distant members has been discussed recently at our club nights so hopefully this will help....Rich

Hi Rich, I'm not on facebook so I did not know about the Essex Harley Riders presence on that community site. I just rely on what information I can get from this HDRCGB website. It was only after my original post that I have since spoken to a local member of the club who enlightened me about the events at the One Green Bottle.

I've not been involved with the club for long, and I do find it a bit hard to get out riding (due to health). I did manage one night at Coggshall last year, but now the meets are further north, I'm just not keen, hence the initial post.

Is there a database of Essex Region members on the HDRCGB where I can make contact?

Most of our chat is through messenger on Facebook. The other option is the Essex region contacts in the Quin. Our rep Jon Kanaar (Kanaar@btinternet.com) could give you more information. I didn't use social media before joining the club but do now as it's the best way to stay in touch. Hope this helps. Rich

I live in the middle of the county so it would e nice to have a meet in or around Chelmsford so we could get more members from the West and Southwest as well as your part as well

This needs further discussion. I'm at the Clacton end so the current meetings are close but appreciate this isn't convenient for everyone. I'm sure enough of us would support another meeting if it doesn't clash with the current Wednesday club nights. Be great when the weather's good....

Hello Bill, is that you previewing Facebook? Essex harley riders have a private chat group for our discussions. You would be welcomed to join immediately but you need to be on Facebook. The discussion on a South Essex meet seems well supported if you want to get involved. I restrict my activity to club matters, having never used social media before, you can confidently do the same. Hope this helps. Rich

There are a few Club members in South Essex but other than me they don't come on here, or FB. I don't think any of them are members of Essex region as that has always been N E Essex, and midweek evening trek 100 mile round trip isn't always practical.

The Barge at Battlesbridge is where Lakeside HOG and the spin-off club Essex Chapter meet I think. When lighter evenings arrive a few of us meet informally at One Green Bottle some Tuesdays. I think there is a plan to arrange regular meet ups , but nobody seems to know the best location to cover the wide area e.g. Chelmsford, Harlow, Southend, Grays, BasVegas, etc.

For rallies we tend to meet at Boreham Services, and then Stansted Services by M11 if heading north, or Lakeside Services if heading south.

Hello Bill, is that you previewing Facebook? Essex harley riders have a private chat group for our discussions. You would be welcomed to join immediately but you need to be on Facebook. The discussion on a South Essex meet seems well supported if you want to get involved. I restrict my activity to club matters, having never used social media before, you can confidently do the same. Hope this helps. Rich
Hi Rich, yep thats me lurking on Facebook now. It's a great source of info, and like you I'll just remain on it for club news and rides.

Thanks for the direction and advice, and look forward to meeting up sometime.

There are a few Club members in South Essex but other than me they don't come on here, or FB. I don't think any of them are members of Essex region as that has always been N E Essex, and midweek evening trek 100 mile round trip isn't always practical.

The Barge at Battlesbridge is where Lakeside HOG and the spin-off club Essex Chapter meet I think. When lighter evenings arrive a few of us meet informally at One Green Bottle some Tuesdays. I think there is a plan to arrange regular meet ups , but nobody seems to know the best location to cover the wide area e.g. Chelmsford, Harlow, Southend, Grays, BasVegas, etc.

For rallies we tend to meet at Boreham Services, and then Stansted Services by M11 if heading north, or Lakeside Services if heading south.
Jeez, the One Green Bottle is a popular place !

Didn't the Essex Chapter meet up 'The Lodge' in Rettendon at some time? or have they now migrated to Battlesbridge from there?

If you apply to join Essex harley riders we can get you on the chat group. We tried to invite you on the other evening but couldn't find you on FB. Battlesbridge was suggested as a ride out so expect we'll be your way in the near future. Catch up soon Rich

If you apply to join Essex harley riders we can get you on the chat group. We tried to invite you on the other evening but couldn't find you on FB. Battlesbridge was suggested as a ride out so expect we'll be your way in the near future. Catch up soon Rich
I sold my soul and joined up to FB yesterday. Got accepted onto the Essex Harley Riders, and now good to go !!

Hello Bill. Hope you've seen the post about meeting 2nd Wednesday of the month at The Grange Boreham. Looks to be starting from the 12th April.

Hi all - the One Green Bottle has been having a Tue night bike night meet for a couple of years now, really nice place to meet and started off very under the radar with a great vibe. Getting a bit more popular now but still good and some very nice rides usually turn out !
Being part of the original group from there I have news - Thur night is now Harley night and trying to get back to the original feel of when it started up so may be of interest on here, as said always a nice meet 👍

A few of us have joined the group intending to get more involved with club members south of the county. Looking forward to better weather to make this a regular meet.

Back