Both indicators on with ignition

Redrooster

Hi all, yes I know it's an import,.
Yes i know the front indicators are on when they are imported.
A, will it pass an MOT like this?
B, if not is it just a case of unplugging some wires
Ta Red

Nice one thank you.
I may disable them.
Can't mot until next week, due to rear brake light switch malfunction

Easiest way to disable: take out bulb, stick a small bit of duct tape over correct contact on bulb, replace bulb, easy peasy!

Used to do it when assisting DVSA with second hand imports on SVA tests.

Good luck again,

Fuz.

I've got running lights on my old Evo and it's never questioned at MOT time

Wife's Honda Rebel has the same feature, UK bike. No problem with the MOT and it actually improves her visibility to other road users.

Look at the bulb it has 2 filaments. What will be lit is the lower wattage filament.

Does the bulb actually light up bright when you turn on the indicator and flash of course?

I think it goes something like this: what the Americans call running lights but as above we call position lamps. Position lamps in America we call side lights or parking lights. There that's nice and confusing!

If you don't ever want them on then the connector should be under the tank and you can pull out the pins and park them in a connector housing for safe keeping. Usually blue wires in Harleys.

It's legal for MoT but I think it's not a great idea. To anybody sitting at a T junction, it can look like you are signalling .....if you have turn signals on permanently I suggest you ride assuming every driver will pull out on you, more so than usual.

Some new Japanese bikes like the Honda Hornet have running lights in the front indicators as standard so I think you will be fine 👍

Back