Brake pedal adjustment

M

ManxMuscle

Here's the problem - having reversed the front foot pegs on my vrscf to get an extra couple of inches reach and adjusted the gear lever to match, the brake pedal is now really awkward to reach. To use the rear brake takes a conscious effort to move your foot as the pedal is too high.

What I need is a way to adjust the brake pedal so that it rotates further forward. There doesn't seem to be an easy way of doing it. The gear lever was easy, just adjusting the linkage.

Short of making an adjustment to brackets on the frame, has any body got a solution ?

Re: Brake pedal adjustment

No adjustments on my A either, have to lift my foot, got used to it now.

Took mine. To Will Burrows for service yesterday,
He said he didn't think it could be adjusted but would think about it . .

When someone says "it can't be done" that's like a red rag to my stubborn nature . . :D
Was thinking:

Can the rod that goes through the rubber boot be shortened ?
This attaches to the underneath of the pedal via a pin
And a new hole drilled about 1cm down on the rod ( that would be enough movement forward on the alloy/ chrome pedal to make it useable )

More dramatic would be removal of the bracket from the frame and re welding
It an inch lower as you said ,but I don't wanna do that really . . . . .

You try it first, then let me know :439:

Found this on the v rod ,is it the same on the Muscle ??

Back brake pedal now adjusted forward !! :D

Drill a pilot hole about 1/4 of a cm below the original hole right before the flat piece becomes round.
Be careful not to rip the rubber boot.!
Slowly increase the drill piece until the hole is big enough.
You only get one chance - so take your time.
No need to remove it ,I left mine on the bike whilst I drilled it and took me time.

It gives a very noticeable 1.5 inch movement forward,which is a nice place for me not to move my whole leg to use the back brake ( being 6"2)

Pm me if you want a couple of photos.

I can confirm this mod works great too, its one of the first things I did when I got my VRSCF

I dont understand why its so difficult to design some adjustment into the pedal in the first place, but anyway, drilling a new hole works

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg As requested Chief , before and after which makes a hell of a difference for ease of use

Back