Cam chain tensioners check .

They have less thread than the others and it is VERY EASY to Strip them. Loads of instances on the net regarding stripped threads.
I felt one of mine starting to strip when I did the geared cam conversion. I immediately backed it off, re-tapped the hole and then tightened it up again using a lower (90 inch pounds) torque setting and some loctite - worked a treat.

Reactions: M&M
Many thanks.I might get them to do the job .( a long way from me )
So may leave it till next year now as weather not really reliable now.Cant say I really know anyone in Kent that does this( Don't mention Warrs )
Lol

Cheers on the Whitstable guy.
Very honest guy .says at 11000 miles don't waste my money on even a check .BUT if I want ghe check it will be about £110 .
Cannot complain about that.
Says I should only be there about 2 hours ,then head back home.

Will do.Its only 45 mins from me.
The other guy in Lincolnshire was nice , but obviously its 153 miles from me , so no point in going that far .I was just going to get him to send me a pair .But for what Whitstable is charging to check I may as well go there
Although he says I am wasting my money as at 11000 miles he says don't bother .one bit I was pleased about was he mentioned the 2002 I have has the forged crank and Timken bearings , which he says was a good set up.

2002 best crank and bearing set up minimal run out for gear drive conversion and wont twat about if you hop it up some… (y) :cool:

Back