Classic show bikes in Melbourne, Australia, this past weekend.....

kiwidave

Seems like AGES since we have had a decent bike show down here in Melbourne. Certainly, there's been nothng since Covid.

That all changed a couple of days ago with a Sunday show in the eastern suburbs of the city: Bikes On The Hill.

Unlike many such events, this one was invitation-only with some top builders displaying their hard work.

The unofficial second bike show was in the surrounding streets. Thanks to some sterling promotional work on Facebook by the organisers, and an outstanding autumn day of 19C, blue skies and sun, there was a massive turnout of bikes. It was a damn good event.

Oh, and my 1982 Sturgis had its first really decent outing to this show and back, 95 miles in total. It ran great, didn't leak a drop of oil, and I even won a raffle prize - a couple of H-D pint glasses. The gods are smiling on me for being such a fastidious rivet-counting bore and getting this from 90% stock as imported from the original buyer in Idaho a year ago to 99% now. It even starts on the kick.

You don't need me to describe what you are looking at, so enjoy. Mine and my prize first up....

That first Shovel (gold, rigid, shotguns) would get my vote.
I'd like to know more about that quad-fire magneto the Twisted One has plugged into the genny hole.
I've seen the twisted motif a number of times over the years tho, imho, the gold-standard for that particular strain of design will always (likely) be The Twisted Kitty, a blue & silver Knucklehead featured in....oh.... I think a '76 or a '77 issue of EasyRiders.

Great post Dave :)

p.s.
50 years of riding and I still don't get the draw of ape-hangers........

The ironhead sporty!!!!!!!! And as for apes,its a "soul thing' ....a state of consciousness
...next level stuff..

Way back there were a couple of high bared bikes on the Quin cover. The owners said they were good for their bad backs as it made them sit up straight not slouch.

Back