Club Rallies and Rideouts 2023.

FXSTC Dave

Club Member Clubs Rally Coordinator
-----------------------------------

Hi Everybody.

Here is my ongoing yearly thread, (now in it's 19th year) to try and see if we can get a few
of the club and forum members together during the year for either rides to a club rally or
to meet for a ride out(s).

I know many of the clubs members who like to go to a rally every weekend.
But unfortunately I have to book my time off a year in advance, so I have plan accordingly.

The North West region has around 60 or so members who have joined the club/forum, how many will
read this thread and add their thoughts and input.

Below is the list of club rallies I'm looking to do with dates, followed by the full club list.
So if anyone is interested in riding to them with me, all we need is a meeting time and place.
For rallies, I usually set off from home between 11am - 2pm on a Friday afternoon, but for
the International rally I'm going on Thursday between 10am - noon.

This year, I've added the mileage there and back, so you can see how far I'm travelling.
For the AGM, I'm going from work in Warrington.

Club rallies I'm looking to do with dates.
---------------------------------------------

AGM : Market Harborough FC Mar 11th. * Straight from Work Sat morning, (Staying Sat night at MH Travelodge), 287 miles.

Region 12 South West : May 5th - 7th. * Riverside Caravan Park, South Molton, 512 miles.

International Rally : Jun 8th - 11th. * Naseby Village Hall & grounds, 270 miles.

Region 4 Lakes : Jun 30th - Jul 2nd. * Hawcoat Park Bowls Club, Hawcoat Lane, Barrow in Furness, 176 miles.

Mallory Park Bike Bonanza : Jul 14th - 16th. * Mallory Park Race Circuit, 270 miles. Same weekend as Triple Rally.

Region 5 Yorkshire : Aug 18th - 20th. * Malton Rugby Club, Malton, 194 miles.

2023 Dates (* Date already set, the rest I have based on 2022 dates).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGM : Market Harborough FC Mar 11th. *

Region 1 : Apr 7th - 8th. * Loch Ness Bay Camping, Borlum Farm, Drumnadrochit, By Inverness, IV63 6XN

Region 7 Drovers : Apr 21st – 23rd. *

Region 12 South West : May 5th - 7th. *

Region 14 West Country : May 12th - 14th. *

Region 11 No More #### Church Bells Rally : May 19th to 21st * South Wingfield Social Club

International Rally : Jun 8th - 11th. * Naseby Village Hall & grounds.

Region 9 Central Mercia : Jun 16th - 18th. * CANCELLED.

Region 19 New Forest : Jun 23rd - 25th. *

Region 4 Lakes Rally : Jun 30th - Jul 2nd. *

Region 18/20/24 Triple Rally : Jul 14th - 16th. *

Region 3 North East : Jul 28th - 30th. *

Vintage & Sportster : Aug 4th - 6th. *

Perrys : Aug 11th - 13th. *

Region 5 Yorkshire : Aug 18th - 20th. *

Region 17 Pitch & Party : Aug 25th - 27th. *

Region 28 Offshore Rally : Sep 1st - 3rd. *

Region 16 Essex Poker Run : Sep 8th - 10th. *

Non Club Rallies.
-------------------

Wallace Rally : May 25th - 29th. *

FH-DCE Super Rally Igoumenitsa, Greece : May 24th - May 28th. * Pentecost weekend.

Festival of 1000 Bikes : Jul 15th - 16th Jul. * CANCELLED. Replaced with Mallory Park Big Bike Bonanza.

Free wheelin Kempen : Aug 4th - 6th. *

Centrum : Sep 15th - 17th. *

For those new members who haven't been to any of the above rallies on my list, PM me and I can send you the
directions I use to get to them, (you'll have to adapt them to where you are coming from).
So there you have it for the clubs rallies.

You don't have to do them all, but it would be nice to have company on any of them.
As I mentioned above, all we need is a meeting place and time; it can near to me or half way up or down.

For those who want to go to rallies, but don't want to or like to camp, there are only a few were you can
you get a hotel or B&B nearby, for my list, there is Naseby Field Rally in Market Harborough they have
a Travelodge and The Swan Hotel amongst others.
As the Lakes Rally is at a new venue, you will have to check if there are B&B's in Barrow in Furness.
For the Essex Poker Run, they have a few cabins on the site, so contacting the Essex rally organiser is the
best way to finding out about them and there availability.
For the other club rallies I would contact the regions rep for further info on hotels and B&B's near to the
rally.

For rideouts this year, there are no set dates as they're usually weather dependent.
The list is below and as with the rallies all we need is a meeting place and time.
I added a couple of new ones 9 years ago.
I devised a new route for this year; Forest of Bowland, see the end of my ride out list for its details.

As I mentioned at the top, I have been putting up this list for a 18 years and only twice has anyone joined
me for ride outs.
Otherwise I always end up going to rallies and rides on my own as no-one wants to come along.
You would think with around 50 members in the region, that some of them would like to meet up with other
region members for a ride to a rally or a ride out.

If you're not interested in meeting up with fellow Harley riders then why join the club/forum ?

Here are the ride outs (in no particular order).
--------------------------------------------------

Trough of Bowland (at end near Lancaster, either do a U-turn or continue on A roads to Blackpool).
Llangollen via Ruthin and the Ponderosa (Horseshoe Pass).
Rivington Barn (before or after a ride out).
Devils Bridge, (A59, A682, A65).
Llandudno or Colwyn Bay or Rhyl.
North Wales Loop (New Brighton (near Buckley) to Ruthin to Dolgellau to Betws-y-Coed
to Llandudno Junction then back along A55).
Southport to Lytham St Annes to Blackpool to Fleetwood to Knott End.
Matlock.
Portmeirion.
Squires Cafe (Sherburn in Elmet).
Scarborough.
Lake District Loop (up M6 off at J36 then A590, A595, A66, A591, A590) then down M6.

Yorkshire Loop (up M61/M6 to J31 then onto A59 along to Skipton then to Harrogate then A61
to Ripon then A6108 to Leyburn then the A684 along then onto the A683 to Kirkby Lonsdale then
still on the A683 to J34 of the M6).

Barmouth via Ruthin and Bala (from the M56 then onto the A494 to Ruthin, continue on the A494
then the A5 and back onto the A494 to Bala then continue down the A494 to Dolgellau then onto
the A470 to the roundabout at Llanelltyd onto the A496 to Barmouth).
The return is from Barmouth to the Llanelltyd roundabout then onto the A470 to Trawsfyndd then
onto the A4212 to Bala then back onto the A494 back to Ruthin then continue up the A494 back
to the M56.

A lap of Anglesey, (from the A55 onto the A5 then onto the A4080 along and around to Valley
then onto the A5025 and along all the way back to A55).

Forest of Bowland; this new route start is the same as the ride to the Trough of Bowland.
From J31a of the M6, along to the beginning of the ToB but then turn right going to and through
Dunsop bridge.
Along and through Newton-in-Bowland to Slaidburn, turn right past the Hark to Bounty then left
at the War Memorial and follow the road all the way to Bentham.
At Bentham, turn left onto Main St, along onto Low Bentham rd, (B6408).
Along the B6480 all the way to until you get to Wray.
Continue through Wray on the B6480 until it reaches the A683.
Then onto the A683 and down to Caton.
Through Caton and then turn left onto Quernmore rd, down then at Posterm Gate House left onto
Posterm Gate Rd, along and onto Rigg Ln, along then at the crossroads you can either turn left
to come back through the Trough of Bowland to return the way we came.
Or turn right and to the back of Lancaster and then continue on the A roads to Blackpool.

So there you have it.

If you have you have any ideas for rides whether it's just one or two or a list, feel free to
add them to this thread.

Let me know what you think.

So is anyone interested ?

Last edited:
Hi Dave, please post on here when you're thinking of doing any of the North Wales Rides, I'm now free Sundays, so would love to get out with you lot!
Thanks,
Andy

-----------------------------------

Hi Everybody.

Here is my ongoing yearly thread, (now in it's 19th year) to try and see if we can get a few
of the club and forum members together during the year for either rides to a club rally or
to meet for a ride out(s).

I know many of the clubs members who like to go to a rally every weekend.
But unfortunately I have to book my time off a year in advance, so I have plan accordingly.

The North West region has around 60 or so members who have joined the club/forum, how many will
read this thread and add their thoughts and input.

Below is the list of club rallies I'm looking to do with dates, followed by the full club list.
So if anyone is interested in riding to them with me, all we need is a meeting time and place.
For rallies, I usually set off from home between 11am - 2pm on a Friday afternoon, but for
the International rally I'm going on Thursday between 10am - noon.

This year, I've added the mileage there and back, so you can see how far I'm travelling.
For the AGM, I'm going from work in Warrington.

Club rallies I'm looking to do with dates.
---------------------------------------------

AGM : Market Harborough FC Mar 11th. * Straight from Work Sat morning, (Staying Sat night at MH Travelodge), 287 miles.

Region 12 South West : May 5th - 7th. * Riverside Caravan Park, South Molton, 512 miles.

International Rally : Jun 8th - 11th. * Naseby Village Hall & grounds, 270 miles.

Region 4 Lakes : Jun 30th - Jul 2nd. * Hawcoat Park Bowls Club, Hawcoat Lane, Barrow in Furness, 176 miles.

Mallory Park Bike Bonanza : Jul 14th - 16th. * Mallory Park Race Circuit, 270 miles. Same weekend as Triple Rally.

Region 5 Yorkshire : Aug 18th - 20th. * Malton Rugby Club, Malton, 194 miles.

2023 Dates (* Date already set, the rest I have based on 2022 dates).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGM : Market Harborough FC Mar 11th. *

Region 1 : Apr 7th - 8th. * Loch Ness Bay Camping, Borlum Farm, Drumnadrochit, By Inverness, IV63 6XN

Region 7 Drovers : Apr 21st – 23rd. *

Region 12 South West : May 5th - 7th. *

Region 14 West Country : May 12th - 14th. *

Region 11 No More #### Church Bells Rally : May 19th to 21st * South Wingfield Social Club

International Rally : Jun 8th - 11th. * Naseby Village Hall & grounds.

Region 9 Central Mercia : Jun 16th - 18th. * CANCELLED.

Region 19 New Forest : Jun 23rd - 25th. *

Region 4 Lakes Rally : Jun 30th - Jul 2nd. *

Region 18/20/24 Triple Rally : Jul 14th - 16th. *

Region 3 North East : Jul 28th - 30th. *

Vintage & Sportster : Aug 4th - 6th. *

Perrys : Aug 11th - 13th. *

Region 5 Yorkshire : Aug 18th - 20th. *

Region 17 Pitch & Party : Aug 25th - 27th. *

Region 28 Offshore Rally : Sep 1st - 3rd. *

Region 16 Essex Poker Run : Sep 8th - 10th. *

Non Club Rallies.
-------------------

Wallace Rally : May 25th - 29th. *

FH-DCE Super Rally Igoumenitsa, Greece : May 24th - May 28th. * Pentecost weekend.

Festival of 1000 Bikes : Jul 15th - 16th Jul. * CANCELLED. Replaced with Mallory Park Big Bike Bonanza.

Free wheelin Kempen : Aug 4th - 6th. *

Centrum : Sep 15th - 17th. *

For those new members who haven't been to any of the above rallies on my list, PM me and I can send you the
directions I use to get to them, (you'll have to adapt them to where you are coming from).
So there you have it for the clubs rallies.

You don't have to do them all, but it would be nice to have company on any of them.
As I mentioned above, all we need is a meeting place and time; it can near to me or half way up or down.

For those who want to go to rallies, but don't want to or like to camp, there are only a few were you can
you get a hotel or B&B nearby, for my list, there is Naseby Field Rally in Market Harborough they have
a Travelodge and The Swan Hotel amongst others.
As the Lakes Rally is at a new venue, you will have to check if there are B&B's in Barrow in Furness.
For the Essex Poker Run, they have a few cabins on the site, so contacting the Essex rally organiser is the
best way to finding out about them and there availability.
For the other club rallies I would contact the regions rep for further info on hotels and B&B's near to the
rally.

For rideouts this year, there are no set dates as they're usually weather dependent.
The list is below and as with the rallies all we need is a meeting place and time.
I added a couple of new ones 9 years ago.
I devised a new route for this year; Forest of Bowland, see the end of my ride out list for its details.

As I mentioned at the top, I have been putting up this list for a 18 years and only twice has anyone joined
me for ride outs.
Otherwise I always end up going to rallies and rides on my own as no-one wants to come along.
You would think with around 50 members in the region, that some of them would like to meet up with other
region members for a ride to a rally or a ride out.

If you're not interested in meeting up with fellow Harley riders then why join the club/forum ?

Here are the ride outs (in no particular order).
--------------------------------------------------

Trough of Bowland (at end near Lancaster, either do a U-turn or continue on A roads to Blackpool).
Llangollen via Ruthin and the Ponderosa (Horseshoe Pass).
Rivington Barn (before or after a ride out).
Devils Bridge, (A59, A682, A65).
Llandudno or Colwyn Bay or Rhyl.
North Wales Loop (New Brighton (near Buckley) to Ruthin to Dolgellau to Betws-y-Coed
to Llandudno Junction then back along A55).
Southport to Lytham St Annes to Blackpool to Fleetwood to Knott End.
Matlock.
Portmeirion.
Squires Cafe (Sherburn in Elmet).
Scarborough.
Lake District Loop (up M6 off at J36 then A590, A595, A66, A591, A590) then down M6.

Yorkshire Loop (up M61/M6 to J31 then onto A59 along to Skipton then to Harrogate then A61
to Ripon then A6108 to Leyburn then the A684 along then onto the A683 to Kirkby Lonsdale then
still on the A683 to J34 of the M6).

Barmouth via Ruthin and Bala (from the M56 then onto the A494 to Ruthin, continue on the A494
then the A5 and back onto the A494 to Bala then continue down the A494 to Dolgellau then onto
the A470 to the roundabout at Llanelltyd onto the A496 to Barmouth).
The return is from Barmouth to the Llanelltyd roundabout then onto the A470 to Trawsfyndd then
onto the A4212 to Bala then back onto the A494 back to Ruthin then continue up the A494 back
to the M56.

A lap of Anglesey, (from the A55 onto the A5 then onto the A4080 along and around to Valley
then onto the A5025 and along all the way back to A55).

Forest of Bowland; this new route start is the same as the ride to the Trough of Bowland.
From J31a of the M6, along to the beginning of the ToB but then turn right going to and through
Dunsop bridge.
Along and through Newton-in-Bowland to Slaidburn, turn right past the Hark to Bounty then left
at the War Memorial and follow the road all the way to Bentham.
At Bentham, turn left onto Main St, along onto Low Bentham rd, (B6408).
Along the B6480 all the way to until you get to Wray.
Continue through Wray on the B6480 until it reaches the A683.
Then onto the A683 and down to Caton.
Through Caton and then turn left onto Quernmore rd, down then at Posterm Gate House left onto
Posterm Gate Rd, along and onto Rigg Ln, along then at the crossroads you can either turn left
to come back through the Trough of Bowland to return the way we came.
Or turn right and to the back of Lancaster and then continue on the A roads to Blackpool.

So there you have it.

If you have you have any ideas for rides whether it's just one or two or a list, feel free to
add them to this thread.

Let me know what you think.

So is anyone interested ?
Dave i organized and started the multi regional rideout to Slaidburn many years ago to encourage as many regions as poss too meet up before the rally season starts, later after HRH got killed we called it Bobs memorial run. Gary the Lakes guy in charge of rideouts is organizing a rideout soon. Sorry i wont be there as ive just bought a new house and ive lots of things to do at our new house

Hi Dave

Looking at the list of club rallies you are going to, we are also going to so we could arrange a meet up on the way.
First would be the International at Nasby (not sure if your going Thursday or Friday) the easiest place to meet would
be Knutsford services on the M6 for the motorway or if you prefer the A roads we could meet somewhere on the way
that works for us all.

Next would be the lakes, we usually leave around lunch time on the Friday for this rally & go via M61, M6 again a service
station like Bolton North on the M61 would be a good meeting point or the A roads with another meeting point on the
way.

We will also be going to Mallory park for the Bike Bonanza but will be in the van as we are taking the club stand to this
event so will see you there.

Next rally will be the Yorkies White Rose rally, we are going on the Thursday afternoon to meet up with club members
from the West Country (R14) for a night at a campsite in the Peak district on the way to the rally. It would be good if
you could join us for that.

If your interested in a ride to any of these rallies, once we have agreed a time & place to meet I will let the other members
that don't use the forum know so they can join us, I have spoken to Stan (munch) on the phone & he is going to meet us
for the ride to the rallies too.

Moving away from the rallies to the ride outs.

The ride outs we do as a region tend to be arranged at the North West monthly meetings, but to be honest they don't happen
that often, they are usually mid week evening rides to bike nights around Cheshire/Derbyshire & we usually meet at the venue
as opposed to riding together as a group.

Weekend ride outs tend not to happen as when we are not at a rally other things like family, football, live music ect get in the way.

I have also had a look at the posts in Stans thread from last year H-D wilderness, some good points to pick up on regarding
the region & how we do things (or don't do things depending on how you look at it)
As we all know very few members use this forum unfortunately & that is the problem when trying to arrange anything on the
forum, very few see it, that is why arrangements tend to be done at meetings as the members that take part are usually at the
meetings.

As for numbers at our monthly meetings we get between 10 & 20 members depending on the time of year (slows down over
the winter) most live within a 15 mile radius of the pub we meet at but we do get members from further calling in now & again.
At last years region 11 no more bells rally we met two club members for the first time, they live three miles away from where
we meet in Cheadle Hulme & have been members for four years but have never been to one of our meetings. Just the way some
people are.

As for posting more on the forum, yes that should be done but as i said before not many members will get to see it.

Re Facebook. Region 6 do not have a FB page & never have had one, the members that go to meetings share a whatsapp
group mainly used for keeping in touch between meetings & for the girls to arrange where they are going for lunch.

Weekend meetings & social events in the summer

We talked about this at last nights meeting & we think a social gathering on a Sunday afternoon would be a good start to
see if it attracts some of the members that cant make the Thursday meetings in Cheadle Hulme.
Rivington barn was mentioned but other venues will be discussed, will post on here along with the usual when we have it sorted

So there you have it

If we can arrange a ride to some rallies & let others know it may catch on

Ride safe

Nev

If we can arrange a ride to some rallies & let others know it may catch on

Ride safe

Nev
Hi Smiler, could simplify it to start with, I am attending a meet & eat organised and attended by region 4 & 5 at Bainbridge on Sunday the 16th. We could possibly organise something similar, maybe a meet up for a meal at the Watergate, all motorway sh!t but a start, would love to meet you and Lisa Keith and Janet etc. again and take it for there. Best regards Stan.

Hi Munch, thanks for the reply, thats another good idea & one to think about. The idea of a bike meet like Rivington barn
or a gathering at a pub was to give some flexibility for time of arrival, if we said we will be at a venue between 12 & 4 on a
Sunday afternoon it gives people the option of turning up early, later or in between depending on what other plans they
have for the day. Thanks for the input Stan, have a good day at Bainbridge, talk soon mate.

Hi Nev.

Thanks for the reply.

For rallies.

I am going to the International on the Thursday.
If you want; we can meet at Knutsford services say around 1pm,
(we can confirm this nearer the time).
The route is straight down the M6 to the end onto the the A14, along and
off at J1 to the site.

For the Lakes again we can meet at the Rivington Services; say between
noon and 1pm.
The route is M61, M6 (off at J36) onto the A590 then along to Barrow.
Then at the top of Barrow; Park rd, Rakesmoor lane and Hawcoat Lane.

For the Mallory Park for the Bike Bonanza, I will see you there on Friday
afternoon.

For the Yorks rally, I can't make the Thursday meet up, so I should see you there.

Hopefully, we can get Munch (Stan) to join us to ride down a to a rally ?
He can add a reply to the thread if he can join us.
Maybe we could get some others to join us ?

For rideouts.

I can't make anything during the week; including the monthly meets.
I only have either Saturday or Sunday to have a ride and even then not every weekend.

For me a ride out is; to meet at a starting point and the then ride together to the
destination, have a wander around and then ride back to the start point and then
onwards home.
Just riding alone to a destination and meeting up and then riding home alone for me;
defeats the point of a ride out; (that's just a ride to me).

For meeting at the weekend and social events.

What we need is to try and get more of the regions membership on the forum.
From the numbers you mention, we have over 40 of the regions membership who don't go to
the meetings and might be able to meet up either during the week or the weekend.

And for me the forum would make an ideal focal point for as many members as possible to
discuss; meeting for a ride to a rally, or for a rideout or to add ideas in a thread for
social events.
They can use their PC's, laptop, or smart phone to read and reply to this or any thread on
the forum, and so become more involved in the region.

We can think of various places to meet; Rivington Barn is one but we need others, so we
have several that cover the region.
This was in MCN 3 weeks ago; Bikers Bistro, Aspinall Place, Thatto Heath, St Helens WA9 5PE,
next to Millenium Motorcycles.

For non biking social events can I suggest we start a new thread to get ideas for fun events
we can have during the summer on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
We can still ride to them as they would make good articles with photos for the Quin.

Going on night out or seeing a band at any time of the year holds no interest for me.
But doing something fun does; (I have ideas and will work on them).

What we need is to get more regional members to be involved in the thread, or to go to the
monthly meetings to see what they want.

Hopefully over the next few weeks and months this may happen.

Hi Dave, 're Rallies, I have bought my ticket for the International, however I am still waiting for an operation on my left hand and goodness knows when that will happen, this will put me back around 6 weeks according to the Consultant.
Meanwhile I'll do what I can and keep you and Nev informed.
Best regards Stan.

Hi Dave, got the International in the diary (Knutsford services around 1pm) & the lakes (Rivington services lunch time) will
meet you there for the ride to both rallies, will let other members know at the meetings about this & see who else wants to
join us.

Does anyone want to join me and Smiler (Nev & Lisa) on the ride to the International Rally next Thursday.

The meeting point is Knutsford Services at 1pm.

The route is straight down the M6, continuing onto the A14 along and off at J1 and round to
Naseby Village and the rally site..

So we have a week, to try and get a few to join us.
Anyone interested ?

Hi FXSTC Dave, Have spoken to Nev this evening, still some issue's to resolve before next W/E. Will let you know in advance if I'm in a position to attend.
Best regards Munch.

Hi Dave, I mentioned this at our meeting on Thursday, out of the members at the meeting only Alycia is
going on Thursday so she will be joining us at Knutsford for the ride to the rally.
Are we meeting at the main service area or the petrol station area, we will get there early & have a brew
before we set off at 1 oclock

Can I suggest we meet at the main service area

I'm looking to park somewhere near the decking seating area.

Last edited:
Hi Nev Dave and Alycia, regretably I will not be joining you for the International this week end as I have to many other things going on.
Best regards Stan.

Shame you cant make it Stan, hope you get sorted & are ok for the lakes rally, should be
a few more for that one. See you soon.

Hi Everybody.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I wont be going to the Lakes Rally on Friday.

Can I suggest those who were to meet me at the Rivington Services on Friday lunchtime,
check on here (or with each other) to see if they still want to meet at the services.

Perhaps you could rearrange the meeting point to the Tickled Trout Services (J31 M6) to allow Munch (Stan)
if he is going; to meet you there, along with any other R6 members from north of Bolton.

Hi Dave

Sorry to hear you cant make it Friday, we will still meet at Rivington services as that was said at
the last region 6 meeting so we need to be there & I have had two replies on whatsapp from
Paul Buxton & Keith & Janet to say they will be at the meeting point.

Will phone Stan to let him know & see if he wants to meet at the Tickled Trout & will post details
on here asap.

Back