Garage Bike movers

kawasoe

Anyone got any info on a good Bike mover ( obviously side stnd only ) saw this one .Looks pretty good.On checking on line they all seem to have some kind of a issue .

A few years ago I owned that model and if I'm not mistaken it dropped pretty quick when lowering a bike onto its wheels

To be honest I would want to be sitting on it when its lowered .My buddy would always come over to press the lower bar .Not a great lover of te type you lower while off the bike .

I have copied this from Spakeys original thread info.

This should show you what to do.

The modification is to add an adjustable 'stop' to the release pedal to restrict the amount of movement and hence the rate of decent.
What you need is long bolt with two nuts (I used a 1/4" coach screw about 2 1/2" long), a drill for a clearance hole on the bolt
and a few basic tools.

Looking from the side, mark a position on the pedal vertically in line with the centre of the frame cross member
Remove the 'P' clip and pivot pin holding the release pedal.

Pic 1.jpg

Drill a clearance hole through the pedal at the marked position (on mine it was in the middle of the forth serration from the end).

Pic 2.jpg

Assemble the bolt with a nut either side of the pedal and re-attach the pedal to the lift.

Pic 3.jpg

Adjust the bolt so that the head is about 1mm from the frame with the pedal at rest.

Pic 4.jpg

Now, when you put you foot on the pedal it will move down to the 'stop'.
You should be able to adjust this movement so that the lift descends at a slow controlled rate.
I used a dummy weight on the lift (four bags of cement) to get this about right before trying the bike.
Works a treat.

Last edited:
Reactions: M&M
BTW I assume you know that those plastic wheels are for moving the lift around unloaded...there are specific warnings not to use it to move a bike around?...heavy duty ratchet straps are essential at all times

If it does not work out look up...... Sealey MSO63 motorcycle dolly-side stand type.

Back