Garage Bike movers

Cheers , will check it out .Not tried turning mine round yet .
In fact its not been out the garage since I bought it in dec.

what happened to the bike lift advertised in the quin a few copies back, discount for members etc , are they still available to us lot as tried & tested? decent size wheels a must, not those tiny metal ones, rubber with a lock best, any ideas as my FXR about to go on a serious rebuild!

what happened to the bike lift advertised in the quin a few copies back, discount for members etc , are they still available to us lot as tried & tested? decent size wheels a must, not those tiny metal ones, rubber with a lock best, any ideas as my FXR about to go on a serious rebuild!

The people that sell the “Big Blue” lift’s don’t advertise the club discount anymore, but if you ask for a club discount they will give the discount. A region 14 member has recently bought one and got the discount.

Based on my own experience with the similar eazyrizer red and member feedback on the big blue, very stable with a bike on them and can be moved around on smooth floors. Small wheels though, and you’ll need to slightly tilt the lift backwards to take the weight off of the front feet to move it around.

Probably more versatile and easier to work on the bike, than a traditional ramp type lift. I’ve had both, currently have a full table type lift, and would recommend the big blue for DIY type work.

Thanks mark , very quick reply, just had time for my breakfast after asking for the info! I will seek out the Big blue when I get back from my hydrotherapy this morning...thanks Glenn

Big blue does not look all that manouverable, no wheels on the front...tilting bike etc back to move it ,not practicle, looking at the Lets Roll USA made version, lockable rubber wheels, and I do not need to raise bike up that high, anyone know of the Lets roll lift?

If you want to manouver a stand with a bike on, the big blue is not the one.
Great stand, but bad enough to move it on its own.

We all know about those cheap looking scissor lifts I am sure? Well I saw a picture of a dolly that is designed to fit around that. After lifting the bike the dolly can be rolled under, the bike is lowered on to it and then the jack is removed.

Yeah, the 1st thing I have to do is get a lift under the frame so I can move wreak, front wheel will not turn, rim dented, tyre flat and all jammed into front engine mount, so lift that I can ratchet strap to frame lower rails, and be moved on decent size wheels, (with brakes too!) then get whole lot into van to transport it back home.. Lift will stay in place until entire front end is stripped off and replaced. the Lets Roll type looks best bet, the big blue raises up a lot higher than I will ever need it, and must be the reason it cannot be moved easily.

I would suggest checking out the Lets Roll Michigan USA made dolly on 4" braked casters, with a screw jack to lift the Bike up & lower the jack down onto the dolly, this supports the M/C frame at a workable height so you can remove the wheels etc, only problem is they do not seem to be available over here, I did mention this before a couple of months ago, a wheel dolly might be ok to modify to to fit under the frame, but I found the dimensions on line, changed some features to suit my needs and got a local engineering firm to make it up, I bought a £110 Sealey screw jack to lift my damaged FXR up and the Bike, complete with wreaked front end is now up on the stand ready to be wheeled out of my mates workshop & onto a trailer & come home, where I can get it fixed up next year. photos to follow (I Forgot to take any!, and I had an important appointment the next day - to remove Titanium scaffolding from my pelvis...) and full details if any one is interested!

I know this won't be all that helpful but I am wondering about those car wheel dollies that dealerships use to put cars for sale into tight spaces and whether (being more common in use) they could be a cheaper adaptable consideration? (y'know, one which you fit some eye bolts to for ratchet straps etc..? just thinking out loud really)
(..I'll get my coat...)

Reactions: M&M
I know this won't be all that helpful but I am wondering about those car wheel dollies that dealerships use to put cars for sale into tight spaces and whether (being more common in use) they could be a cheaper adaptable consideration? (y'know, one which you fit some eye bolts to for ratchet straps etc..? just thinking out loud really)
(..I'll get my coat...)
Good idea Paul. You would only need 1 for the front wheel. Once attached and strapped down the bike can do a 360 on the spot. I think you have hit on a cheap way to move a bike around. :encouragement:

Big Blue terrifies me. But I've never been around one. I just have visions of the whole lot tumbling over - bike and all.
This item from Clarke's is probably not big enough -
C J Autos do various bits of kit:

This is from CJ Autos :

Universal bike skate – MB41.
This skate is now fully adjustable to suit almost any bike from scooters to Harleys.
Ride the bike over the back section of the skate then slide the side stand plate to suit the side stand, and away you go.
Rotate your bike through 360 degrees helps you store your bike in the place you cannot ride it into.

MB41 1.jpg

MB41 2.jpg

Last edited:
Has any one actually looked at the Lets Roll to see what is on offer, the skate as above is ok for bikes that are moveable on their wheels, but lf you need to get the front end out you need to support the frame like this Lets Roll devise, the wheel dolly that Paul {& John Hassel mentioned these} can be possibly modified to go under the frame, but do have a look at the Lets Roll {Mitchigan USA made item} and tell me what you think, I have not been out to my FXR since the 18th of October when I put the scissor lift under the frame and lifted it up & lowered it onto the dolly, but it sat down solid and moved around workshop easily, I have ratchet strapped frame to the dolly {using the same Harley straps my FXR was air freighted to the UK from Milwaukee in 1989} and it will be pushed/pulled into a van & brought home very soon, you cant do that with the above skate! then the bike will get a complete check over & rebuild still on the dolly, if any one knows of a similar product to this Lets Roll available on the market, let us all know on this forum... thanks Glenn 004159 {now minus Titanium pelvic scaffold}​

Back