Harley-Davidson’s New 121ci CVO Engine Has VVT (And the Road Glide has an “interesting” new fairing)

That’s some excellent sleuthing, I have to say.

How long does it normally take for innovation seen on CVO models to filter down to the less esoteric bikes?

Last edited:
Being a total Dick, I won't accept these cookie things, so can't/won't see the Bike, but it'll be expensive I guess...

Being a total Dick, I won't accept these cookie things, so can't/won't see the Bike, but it'll be expensive I guess...

5461F5DF-1A36-4BBF-805F-C8CBE5520908.png

E2F6F375-C245-4CCD-90D3-490B95E22D46.jpeg

19B9113C-A963-40BC-8C21-C391E0B07038.jpeg

2D942E2E-3A3A-4827-A9B5-97DB1F57183D.jpeg

Variable Valve Timing on a Harley. Not sure I would buy one just yet, not that I even have the lump of cash this is likely to cost.

BMW GS did it in recent years to get a bit more Va Va Voom out of their twin, but wonder what the CVO will sound like on max throttle as it’s likely to be higher revving. Potentially awesome 👌

Someone told me that the new CVO ultra Limiteds are £50k not sure if this is correct but it's a big pile of dosh

Looks like its also got a radiator hanging off the front so they may be making the switch to full water cooling and leaving the cooling fins on the barrels and heads to retain the classic look.

If it is water cooled with VVT, thats a major revision of the existing M8 motor, so there’s going to be some growing pains for early adopters of the revised motor.

Thanks very much for the photos Mark, that Fairing though, not sure about that.
£53K, Wow, of course, when I bought my Evo Softail new, in 1991, I paid £9750 for it, from Southport HD, and all my Mates were like "How much for a Poxy Bike, are you nuts?"

I hate to sound like a luddite but traditionally it has always been unwise to have the first year (or two?) of a new model, the first owners have often been unpaid fault finders and anyhow, car or bike (...or wash machine etc) too much technology terrifies me as potential future fails. (remember Harleys hi-tech ignition that was being switched off by radio masts? stories of people at Calais having to push their bike to beyond the mast effect?)

...have to admit, it looks fabulous and impressive but if I had that money to spend I'd be typing in "find HydraGlides for sale.."

I remember attending the Farmyard Rally and we thought lets have a ride to Goathland (Heartbeat ) and a few of us owned Fatboys which decided that they did not want to start I'm led to believe it was due to the large transmitters upon the moors, we had to push them about until we were out of range. Oh and dont forget the oil migration of the M8s my first one dumped it within weeks

Back