Harley Friendly Workshop SE London

• Thread starter the rock executioner
  • Start date
T

the rock executioner

Morning all,

Would be very much obliged if someone could point me in the direction of a Harley friendly indie somewhere near Shooters Hill? Bike (1340FXDS) has been standing for a couple of months, went to start it the other day and it now only wants to run on the rear cylinder. Gonna pop out to the garage in a few mins to pull the plug and check for sparks, but if it turns out to be carb related, I'd rather pass it to someone who knows what they're doing as i'm none too confident about messing around with the carb.

Any ideas folks?

Last edited:
Re: Harley Friendly Workshop SE London

First thing Pete; if it's running on one pot it's very unlikely to be the carb.

Personally I'd clean the plugs and swap them over, if no different change the plugs.

As to an indie in London; not my area I'm afraid but hopefully someone else will help you on that score.

Re: Harley Friendly Workshop SE London

Thanks Kev,

I stuck a new pair of plugs in before I went to fire her up. It does have a habit of usually starting on one pot before a few seconds later the other one chimes in and all seems well after that. Just nipped out and pulled the plugs - No spark on either now godammit! Had a bit of a rummage around and the wires to the coil "look" ok, but admittedly I don't really know what the **** I'm looking for. I guess it's unlikely that both ht leads will have given up the ghost at the same time, so any takers on it being the coils?

Any and all suggestions most welcome....

Back