HELP LADS, 2015 dyna street bob

Brake light Switch. The Handlebar Switch can get corroded. The rear switch can fail over time also. Have you had any work done on the Handlebars recently? If you don’t follow the proceedure in the Manual for splitting the Switch Housing you can bugger the little switch.

Yep - also reckon it's the brake light switch, very common fault and one I had to fix a few years ago.

Yep. They are right. I had a 2015 Street Bob Special with a brake light that kept flashing on. Loose brake lever too. Local H-D dealer bodged a repair for me. Traded it in for a Road King not long after.
Tony.

I'm having the same problem (intermittently), when the engine is not running.

In my case, I think it may be the front master cylinder, rather than the switch. The lever doesn't always fully return, and that's when the light remains on. If I push it forward the light goes off. Engine vibration helps it to return completely, and turns off the brake light

It will be getting a fluid flush anyway, because it's a new bike to me, and I'll rebuild the master cylinder at the same time.

EDIT:
Watched the above video, and it seems that my diagnosis may be correct - master cylinder piston not fully returning.

Last edited:
Done both switches lads HD parts also no chinky rubbish
I had this problem on my Street Bob and it was wear on the front brake lever that was causing the lever to not connect properly with the micro switch so that the switch was permanently in the on position. New lever cured the problem.

A loose brake lever, and the light staying on, can be symptomatic of either degraded brake fluid or air in the system - the lever is held firm by hydraulic pressure, which in turn holds the light switch 'off'. Try bleeding first, if the fluid's more than 2 years or black replace it.

Thanks, lads it was a pair of rubbed over wires, they were shorting out, but sorted now thanks, selling the fecking thing next month.

Back