Installing Engine Guard/ Crash Bars

MarcXGA

Club Member
I got my new guards today. Had a look around the bike. The lower engine bolts look like they could be a bit of a mare to access!! Has anyone installed a guard on their bike? Do I need to remove rad inorder to get easier access to the engine mount bolts? Or is it a case hoping you can reach them bolts with abit of luck and using the ole contortionism tricks like standing on your head holding your breathe type of thing :)

Re: Installing Engine Guard/ Crash Bars

I got my new guards today. Had a look around the bike. The lower engine bolts look like they could be a bit of a mare to access!! Has anyone installed a guard on their bike? Do I need to remove rad inorder to get easier access to the engine mount bolts? Or is it a case hoping you can reach them bolts with abit of luck and using the ole contortionism tricks like standing on your head holding your breathe type of thing :)

What bike Marc?

Re: Installing Engine Guard/ Crash Bars

Ok bars fitted last night. Not as easy as some say lol. You will need to remove the rad guard in order to fit the top bolts! The engine mounting bolts are a bit of pig to get in. Top ones are ok with a long extension you can reach from the other side of the bike, the bottom ones I am afraid involves a lot of patience, especially on the exhaust side. (Maybe those will smaller hands will find it easy, but I struggled lol). Took me about 2 hours, 40 minutes to remove guard and install left side, the rest was spent trying to get the bolt on the bottom right :(

Bars On.jpg

Back