Is this a Revolution?

Dazzlin

Club Member
Great to see a section for this bike as I am sure it will gain in popularity.

Some of you probably already know we have a lucky owner in Region 19 - https://www.hdrcgb.org/forum/regions-hdrcgb/new-forest/1186919-bill-s-latest-raffle-win

After the IOW Rally, Sicko Dicko and I popped into Southampton Harley for a demo on the way home.

General conclusion was it is a great bike to ride, but the die hards may struggle to embrace the fact the Potato…Potato sound is lost and is now sounds like any other mass produced V-Twin from the East.

The first thing that hits you is how low the seat height it is on the S version as it lowers when coming to a stop, so people with their eyes closer to the ground can ride it. My KTM has me on tip toes.

It is also very comfortable and pulls away cleanly with plenty of go as you wind the power in, so it will make a great long distance tourer. Brakes are excellent and whilst the initial turn in on a bend is slow, it feels very planted when on its side, almost glued, which is great.

Dash has lots of features and menus but we just kept it on full power mode for the full monty.

In summary, if you’ve not tried one but are looking at an adventure bike, or maybe your first Harley, get down and demo one. I think you’ll be pleased with this one.

Hopfully a new owner can offer a write up on ownership in due course

BA333234-B8F0-4D15-B154-364A74A4891B.jpg

Looking at that photo I'm guessing the pillion sits in a squat, much like many jap sports bikes?

Ive been obsessively You-tubing the Pan America for a week or so now, and its gone down very well on the other side of the pond. 150hp motor, variable valve timing, and various mode options. Appears to handle well, on and off road, and a considerable after market part availability developing. Looks ike most of the electric niggles have been ironed out too.

I recon it won't be long before that motor is in the entire Harley range soon... well actually I dont think there is an alternative for H-D.

Ive ignorned the mags about test rides as they tend not to tell the truth but all the newspaper articles ive read give them a great write up, ive 2 issues with them, 1 why didn;t they make them shaft drive, 2nd you need a ladder to get on them the seat height is or looks very high .

Ive 2 twinkies , will probably sell my Dyna next year , keeping my Roadking both 1450 plus ive 2 shovels and 2 old BMW all mot and tax excempt , so iam not in for a new Harley iam afrain read tight old git

Ive ignorned the mags about test rides as they tend not to tell the truth but all the newspaper articles ive read give them a great write up, ive 2 issues with them, 1 why didn;t they make them shaft drive, 2nd you need a ladder to get on them the seat height is or looks very high .

Ive 2 twinkies , will probably sell my Dyna next year , keeping my Roadking both 1450 plus ive 2 shovels and 2 old BMW all mot and tax excempt , so iam not in for a new Harley iam afrain read tight old git

With the active suspension that lowers the bike as it come to a standstill, a short arse like me can flat foot it. I’ve got a 30 inch inside leg and the seat height is fine for me.

Shaft drive would have been nice, but probably would have added extra weight, that I guess the designers didn’t want adding to an already fairly hefty bike.

Last edited:
Back