Key fob battery. Low Rider 2018

Gez

Handbook says fit battery + side down. Both batteries fitted were + side up! Think they were originals as well.
Fitted new batteries as they came out (+ side up), and all seems well. Another HD anomaly, or were they fitted, (and have I refitted) correctly?

It's strange that both batteries die at the same time, i know they were fitted on the same day in the USA but i thought the unused one would be ok but i was wrong anyway 2 new batteries from B&Q and jobs a good un

Army, did you put your batteries in + side up, contrary to handbook? I would have thought + side up would be correct as all the battery info is visible then. Battery type etc can then be checked without removing. Anyway, they seem to do their job ok the "wrong" way round.

Last edited:
Just happen to be changing a 2018 fob battery, this is they way up.... If you do not use the spare fob, do not put a battery in until you want to use it, just keep the battery in a suitable place. if you put the battery in the spare fob it will discharge at the same rate as the one you use all the time, basically because the fob is always scanning for the bike!

Fob battery.jpg

Army, did you put your batteries in + side up, contrary to handbook? I would have thought + side up would be correct as all the battery info is visible then. Battery type etc can then be checked without removing. Anyway, they seem to do their job ok the "wrong" way round.
Plus side up, If I'm away on my travels i carry one fob and my wife has the other just in case i lose one plus i have a packet of two batteries taped in my pannier you could gaffer tape them under your seat or somewhere else

You have two fobs. I think recently all new bikes were reduced to one unless my dealer was telling porkies?

You have two fobs. I think recently all new bikes were reduced to one unless my dealer was telling porkies?
A good friend of mine also got 2 x fobs so maybe the stealership is pulling a fast one but then again maybe this year one fob and one only?

Sorted this on a sporty supplied new recently all new bikes supplied by main dealers are supplied with 2 fobs hd uk policy i sent him back and miraculously the dealer found the missing fob supposedly mixed up on bench when sorting main fuse/alarm ect during the PDI ho hum…… with_glasses

Dunno about others but Sport Glides only come with one fob and no siren fitted to the alarm these days. That's standard, not the dealers pulling a fast one. Luckily mine's a 2018 so I got them, and a USA Union built sticker rather than a made in Taiwan one ;)

Back