Malvern hills rally 2023

If you look in the "field" behind hovver, theres a half flooded tent, and a stranded cr300 honda🤣. By the time we set off, the bike was gone, and the tent was being dragged to the skip, by one of the pub crew. No idea where the cr owner was.🤣

I assume the bike was classed as salvage.🤣🤣

If you look in the "field" behind hovver, theres a half flooded tent, and a stranded cr300 honda🤣. By the time we set off, the bike was gone, and the tent was being dragged to the skip, by one of the pub crew. No idea where the cr owner was.🤣

I assume the bike was classed as salvage.🤣🤣
it was Simon Morgans hes a vegan and was playing for attention

hes safe and i think after a few days most will be having a good laugh at it ,,

other than this it was a great weekend

Well done to Devon John and all that attended. Great result for the charity benefiting. Reminds me of a Farmyard party at Helmsley years ago. Flash flood where the water rose to just below the tops of the portaloos.
The Farmyard was relocated to higher ground after that event.

Well done to Devon John and all that attended. Great result for the charity benefiting. Reminds me of a Farmyard party at Helmsley years ago. Flash flood where the water rose to just below the tops of the portaloos.
What impressed me the most, was that there was no drama, it was simply a case of rescuing the bikes and camping gear and can I please have an extra sugar in my coffee.

The flash flood year; I was there Glenn. Thankfully it happened on the Sunday when most of the rallyists had left and I'm told it was very sudden. If a deluge had happened here it could have been disasterous, but the gentle Severn just slowly kept on rising. By the time we left at 10am it was almost lapping at the front door of the pub. There were just 7 people for breakfast.
By chance the pub's chef took a size 12 in welly, which he was able to lend to Ian and Hovver as their bikes were under seven inches of water and save some embarrassingly wet feet!!

One we all won't forget in a hurry. DJohn will be 'dining' out on this story for years!

Back