NEW Entry Level Sportster is here

Harley need an entry level bike, that goes with out saying, BUT, that is not a Sportster in my eyes. Even calling it the Nightster is an affront to the original. Just saying.

Last edited:
I quite like it, it's just all the blobby add on bits that put me off. Not cheap either.
It has some similarities to the old XLCR, and pricey for an entry level, I agree. Time will tell us if sells and brings in new blood. Not sure the Sportster S is selling well.

Not much cheaper than a Softail Standard, but if you want a Sportster, why would you buy a Standard? Although, it's not very encouraging. Maybe they should be offering a Sportster Standard?

Interesting vid, Trying to get the "old guy" (history?) into the "new era" well I hope it works for HD, but er, not for me.

A guy from Sycamore HD came to a bike night in Market Deeping on a Nightster, the newest bike with the 975 revolution max engine.

He is very impressed with the handling so much so the tyres clearly show he has been having lots of fun.

I just wish HD had "finished" the bike by enclosing the left side. As it is all the wiring is hanging out and it does look awful to me.

It's funny that they hardly ever show it from the left hand side.
Is that because that side was beaten with the ugly stick?
Whoever designed that side needs a good kicking. At least with the older HDs they looked good from both sides.
I would have bought one but I couldn't bring myself to ride such an ugly bike.

A guy from Sycamore HD came to a bike night in Market Deeping on a Nightster, the newest bike with the 975 revolution max engine.

He is very impressed with the handling so much so the tyres clearly show he has been having lots of fun.

I just wish HD had "finished" the bike by enclosing the left side. As it is all the wiring is hanging out and it does look awful to me.
It does look odd, doesn't it. When you sit on it and look down at the tank there is a feeling of something missing.

It's funny that they hardly ever show it from the left hand side.
Is that because that side was beaten with the ugly stick?
Whoever designed that side needs a good kicking. At least with the older HDs they looked good from both sides.
I would have bought one but I couldn't bring myself to ride such an ugly bike.
I don't think the rev max engine is going down in HD history as an iconic one. Can't see it being tattooed on body parts of as patches on cuts. Not a brew looking design

Back