Old School spanners

Redrooster

After a life of no American motorcycles. I now need new spanners and the like. Spanners are not a big issue. What torque socket thingys do I need?
A link would be handy guys
Ta Red

After a life of no American motorcycles. I now need new spanners and the like. Spanners are not a big issue. What torque socket thingys do I need?
A link would be handy guys
Ta Red
If you mean Torque Wrench then you need probably 2 depending on what you need to do.
A 3/8” drive that measures in Ft/Lbs and Inch/Lbs. is good.
If you intend to do and heavy work a 1/2” drive that measures in Ft/Lbs is probably needed too.
Most manufacturers sell Torque Wrenches but go for a reputable make, no Far East Crap.
You can pick one up on Ebay second hand but beware it will probably need to be calibrated which will cost.

Sorry Redrooster, I think I have got that wrong. I believe you need a 12 point (double hex) socket but as to the size I can’t help at the mo. If you are stuck I will get my sockets out tomorrow and find the correct one for the Head Bolts.
Sorry to mislead you. 😤

Reactions: Fuz
Sorry, yes Oldguy is right. I was quoting the size for a TC88.
If you need Drive Adaptors, also known as Dog Bone Adaptors, I got my Snap On ones on Ebay secondhand.

I have one T27 socket and it is a 1/4" drive. Some Torx stuff though will need 3/8" or 1/2" drive depending on what torque they need doing up to, IMO.

In summary one set of Torx sockets will get you started but you may need to pick up individual sizes as well.

Back