Henderson-1921-FLXI-1.jpg

Henderson-1921-FLXI-2.jpg

Henderson1921Flxible.jpg

Henderson-1921-FLXI-Sidecar1.jpg

the-flxible-side-car-a-different-angle-on-sidecar-design (2).jpg

the-flxible-side-car-a-different-angle-on-sidecar-design.jpg

HeFlxible.jpg

the-flxible-side-car-a-different-angle-on-sidecar-design (1).jpg

(couldn't resist... found the emblem in a load of scrap metal)
20230219_104915_HDR.jpg

Hope you liked it.

Not to hijack you post Skip but I found this Dutch Website for old Motorcycles. Really some amazing Bikes on there.
Click HERE to see great photos of them. Click on any bike and info and Photos. of that bike comes up.
It's a shame there is no price quoted for these Sold bikes, would love to know what they went for. :D

Last edited:
Not to hijack you post Skip but I found this Dutch Website for old Motorcycles. Really some amazing Bikes on there.
Click HERE to see great photos of them. Click on any bike and info and Photos. of that bike comes up.
It's a shame there is no price quoted for these Sold bikes, would love to know what they went for. :D
Thanks for that one! Quite a few of those will be saved to the files. Nice find there.

*hijacking.
no worries there. I've never failed to learn more from them ........ :D

Am I right in thinking that somebody did a similar system to the Flxible in this country in the early seventies to enable L-plate riders to ride larger capacity bikes? Did`nt last long before being banned.

Am I right in thinking that somebody did a similar system to the Flxible in this country in the early seventies to enable L-plate riders to ride larger capacity bikes? Did`nt last long before being banned.
I've heard that sidecars are a fine way to put a good scare into yourself once a month........ or as required :hororr::)

The Sidewinder. It was just a small platform and a wheel.

I think you can still buy banking sidecars.

The first sidecar TT in 1923 was won by a banking outfit ridden (driven?) by Freddie Dixon. The passenger, Walter Denny, just had to sit in the sidecar and control the amount of lean by means of a lever.

The Sidewinder. It was just a small platform and a wheel.

I think you can still buy banking sidecars.

The first sidecar TT in 1923 was won by a banking outfit ridden (driven?) by Freddie Dixon. The passenger, Walter Denny, just had to sit in the sidecar and control the amount of lean by means of a lever.

lol! Something kept drawing be back to the Dixon pictures.... my Spidy sense was tingling... I wasn't seeing something about that which I was looking at. .... until I did a 5X enlarge. And there it was.... the front end has two complete wheels............

I've heard that sidecars are a fine way to put a good scare into yourself once a month........ or as required 

Had one attached to my FL....carried my youngest 2...youngest being about 9 mo old. Scariest riding I've ever done, partly because of the massive responsibility, but also because riding with a chair is an art form. I was never an artist.

Back