Rear stoplight on all the time

Or an easy fix pop circlip off pin remove lever alone cut a bit of heavy duty shrink wrap and slide onto part of lever that presses on switch warm with air gun or lighter to shrink then replace making sure to lead the switch tang in first then pivot lever till holes align to drop pin in replace circlip job done :encouragement:
As i said easy fix test 1
1 light will stay on with lever out test by pressing switch with finger it should go out when pressed
Test 2
Reinstall lever light should go out and only come on when you sqweeze brake
Test 3
Rear switch works same way to test this one it has 2 wires remove and bridge with wire light should be on pull apart if light goes out yer new switch is fucked
👍

I only noticed this because my cruise control stopped working. I've replaced the rear switch and its the same. Could the front one stick as its a mechanical one ?
Almost certainly the front brake light switch. What bike you got ?

Right back at it

Disconnected the rear switch and it stays on

Removed lever and pushed the front switch all the way in and still remains lit.

Removed brake light fuse and light goes out.

Looks like a front brake switch is needed and that's a bit too complex for me.

Watch this Video on Delboys Garage: Click HERE
With a bit of luck it might just be your Switch is sticking. If it's not that, then you will have to replace the Switch with a new one which means cutting into the existing wiring loom and doing a bit of soldering.
Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: Ron
OK I've narrowed it down to the front switch. A new one is order but I feel there is too many things that could go SPROING in the switch which makes it too hazardous for me to attempt.

Is there someone in the Bedford, Cambs area that has the confidence and skill to help, once I have the switch in my grasp.

I can bring beer

Thank you Andy for putting up with me making your workshop look untidy today.

There was no way I would have been able to do that. At least, not without much clownery.

It really is much appreciated

Back