Recommended supplier of “new” Shovel parts

peter1450

Morning all , as above can anyone recommend a supplier for small shovel parts? I’m piecing together a rolling chassis ( slowly), but need parts such as spacers, various brackets etc, have original part numbers, but are any such as Storehouse/ Vtwin etc any good , your suggestions gratefully received

Hi Peter1450 and welcome to the forum.
On finding parts, particulary the liddle stuff,
My first move is RESEARCH. I go on ebay with the p/n, year, model and, the magic word 'Shovelhead'. This is an excellent way to make sure of (at least) what's out there described as the part you want.... is actually the part you want. 5 times out'a 10 there will be offered a re-pop as well as an OEM. This backgrounding will allow you to see most, if not all the differences twixt re-pop and OEM parts as well as any later dash-number changes that might have come along for that part.
Believe it or not Ebay can be a honey-pot of a useful info if you but take the time to sift for what you're after.
One of the most helpful things to be gained from the effort is that the pics of OEM parts on Ebay can help you make certain that the re-pop part from 'X' supplier has all the right holes in it, right shape, etc.
With patience and practice you might find on Ebay, as I have, that, sooner or later, a new or (an acceptable) used OEM part will show up at a better price than a re-pop.

As a full Member you would have access to the Wanted-For Sale section to post your inquires in....... just a thought. ;)

If you're going stock you definitely need a Parts book (free download PDF widely available) . Assuming you're UK based, V-Twin are OK, W&W are pretty good....some OEM parts come up in swap meets, Ebay Motors US, and on 'Shovelhead UK' Facebook group.

Thanks for the prompt response, most of the parts I’ve accumulated have been through eBay mainly here in the UK, used to love the US site but the shipping has become prohibitive for my pockets!
Have most of the main stuff,ie: Frame and swingarm, front end ,wheels, shocks ,tanks and oil tank. Need to decide which way I’m going before getting mudguards ( FX/FL), but whats eluding me are the smaller parts such as wheel spacers,oil tank brackets,footrest/ side stand ,you get the idea?
Any recommend dealers for W&W or V Twin for mail order ? Thanks again

Jeff at Riverside (was London, now out of the city I believe) has for 30+ years been pretty good for the stuff you seek.

Thanks for the prompt response, most of the parts I’ve accumulated have been through eBay mainly here in the UK, used to love the US site but the shipping has become prohibitive for my pockets!
Have most of the main stuff,ie: Frame and swingarm, front end ,wheels, shocks ,tanks and oil tank. Need to decide which way I’m going before getting mudguards ( FX/FL), but whats eluding me are the smaller parts such as wheel spacers,oil tank brackets,footrest/ side stand ,you get the idea?
Any recommend dealers for W&W or V Twin for mail order ? Thanks again

It would probably be worth chatting to Chris Nichols down at P&D Customs in Horsham. He’s got a decent sized stash of Shovels and parts. He’s a club member and easy to do business with.

Bean carries a lot of stock and can get just about anything. He's fair and normally sends out quickly.

01507 499117

Also Marshall Speed and Custom

Krazy Horse in Bury also keep spares and they can order stuff.

Try Steve at Twin City in the North East he has great knowledge of Shovels and he can often source parts that are difficult to find

Again, thanks for all the advice, certainly have some choice, obviously been off the radar too long, had forgotten a few of these and some I’ve never dealt with.

W&W for me - every time.....although saying that, since Brexit, the Import Duties make it more expensive.

Back