Saddlebag Fitment. Any thoughts?

NeilFxrs

Club Member
I normally ride my Deluxe around with a QD l/h bag, bought second hand, cheap , useful sometimes. I then spotted an affordable r/h bag for sale and spent a couple of hours trying to get it on. A bit tricky in a distinctly odd way, then I realised why (I think...) - these are HD Fatboy bags, designed for twin stacked pipes on the right side, with a cutaway, of course, and no chance of the docking bar meeting the bobbin where I'd located it, the bar already resting directly onto the swinging arm. I guess the easiest course would be to rotate up and relocate the bobbin, pulling the bag outwards away from the s/arm (on a less flimsy bracket, I suppose...) on the outer side of the footpeg spacer. I did consider heating and bending the docking bar away from the swinging arm but maybe not. So, as far as doing this bodge, am I on the right track? I've not seen or noticed this set up on a Fatboy/softail to date, so if anyone has it on their's, or any pointers before I crack on, I'd appreciate it, thanks.20230101_154428.jpg20230101_154550.jpg20230101_154529.jpg20230101_154418.jpg20230101_154600.jpg

Last edited:
20220810_171303.jpg
Probably not relevant, but had to use these relocation brackets to move the lower bag fixing outboard when fitting rear bars with the standard pipes.

Relocation Kit f Harley FLSTC 00-17 Drag Specialties 3501-0857

Thanks, mate. I had a think, a measure up, and I reckon that is the exactly right solution I was looking for, cheers!

Thanks, mate. I had a think, a measure up, and I reckon that is the exactly right solution I was looking for, cheers!
Um, belay that. A bit tricky, not knowing the dimensions of these brackets.20230103_235734.jpg The picture shows my lash up, which doesn't work properly because I measured carelessly. I'll have another go tomorrow.

Back