Screamin Eagle Backplate for Mikuni Carb.

softail898

Trying to fit my Mikuni HSR42 Carb. but the Adapter that comes with the Carb. doesn't fit my backplate (Part # 29478-09A). I thought I had the SE Backplate but seems not! there are 4 little posts sticking up on my Backplate that stops the adapter fitting!
Does anyone have a SE Backplate that they no longer need or the Part Number of one? trying to get info from H-D Dealers for an old bike (year 2000)is a nightmare.
Thanks...Pat

I posted this in Swap/Wanted but thought I might get a bigger response on the TC88 Forum.

My Sportster has a Ness filter. When I fitted this, there are posts that screw in to the adapter plate. So without seeing it, the question is, do the posts you mention unscrew?

My Sportster has a Ness filter. When I fitted this, there are posts that screw in to the adapter plate. So without seeing it, the question is, do the posts you mention unscrew?
No, the posts are cast as part of the Backplate. See attached Pics.

Attachments

• Adapter 1.jpg
    Adapter 1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Adapter 2.jpg
    Adapter 2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Adapter 2].jpg
    Adapter 2].jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Backplate].jpg
    Backplate].jpg
    86 KB · Views: 2
Gotcha, maybe an engineering firm can machine them down. Or even better, a good mate who works in a machine shop.

I was thinking of filing them down myself 😳 but would probably make a Pigs Ear of it! For the time spent trying to find a machine shop and whatever cost they would charge I might as well get the correct one. Don at Guildford H-D is getting one and is going to send me a pic. to make sure it is the right one, if it is he will send it to Watford H-D and I will pick it up. Cost: £46. Not too terrible. 🤔

Update. Got a Pic from Guildford H-D re: the Backplate that I ordered. The Backplate has the same Part # as my Backplate but the Box it came in shows the Part # that I ordered! Pics 1 and 2.
Guildford says that sometimes the part inside the box will have a different number than the Box Label! WTF?
And here is me thinking Guildford were nice people!
So more research and I ended up calling Will Burrow to ask him to order this Adapter for the Mikuni: Pic 3. Will said he would send me the part and when I received it I could call him and pay. What a nice man. Got the Adapter and it fitted my Backplate perfectly! Will Burrow is now on my list of dependable people to deal with.
Mikuni now going to be fitted to my ride! :victorious:

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Mikuni 2.JPG
    Mikuni 2.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 4
Back