Show us your old girls

Re: Show us your old girls

HI Vincent, yes sure will be tomorrow sometime, post midday, im here at the moment ..... :cheerful:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Sorry for the small pictures. My Sturgis, FXRS and Bad Boy

I thought I'd posted a couple of pictures in the past but it seems I dreamed it...

So, here is my current Shovel (the black one) and the one I was looking for that I bought in 1981 from Moto Veccia in Colliers Wood. It vanished from DVLA records decades ago.

I am 'customising' (It will no doubt fit in someone's category but I can't define it beyond 'Customised'. I will post another picture once it's finished but the bike with the copper tank is the black one as it is now.
I have saved all the old take-off parts for my grandson to use on the inevitable restoration in thirty year's time...

Shovel at delivery (2).jpg
Shovel Fat Bob (2).jpgcopper shovel.jpg

Attachments

• Hektor.jpg
    Hektor.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Morning.

My 1983 FLHP that replaced the chop. I've had it since the start of the summer. Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm enjoying getting to grips with it. The drag pipes are grim but I have got them working now better than expected.

DSC05376.jpg

Time I posted a summer pic of my Sportster.

Attachments

• Sportster 72.jpg
    Sportster 72.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 123

Thanks Neil, very pleased with it. As John said earlier a pogo seat would be good. I'm also going to do something with the pipes as well. There's cheese grater baffles in them now with the tangs bent back to 45 degrees. Found the S&S factory videos very helpful in getting the bike running better, please note I didn't say tuned ;-). The headlamp peak and crash bars are now removed as well.

From sunny Scotland my 42WLA
IMG_2195.jpg

the Mrs chariot - made in poland if anyone interested i have all the details, getting painted next week
IMG_3164.JPG

best Lloyd

The jam rolls used to make quite a few replica 45 parts, I guess they still do - Riders Club Poland was founded based on us! (Their president, Jan Kwilman, rode over for one of our Shipley rallies on his full military WLA, picking up a Dutch pillion on route!)

Hi Llloyd,love the sidecar,what colour is it going to be.I am building a 1970's Harley sidecar to go on my 1978 FLH but getting parts to build this has not been easy but some club members have really been very helpful in selling parts to me.Please put some more pics on soon when finished.cheers

Hi Llloyd,love the sidecar,what colour is it going to be.I am building a 1970's Harley sidecar to go on my 1978 FLH but getting parts to build this has not been easy but some club members have really been very helpful in selling parts to me.Please put some more pics on soon when finished.cheers

hi Andy thanks very much , colour scheme is planned to be the same as bike , 1/2 white and black . the top will black and bottom half white! Should be sprayed middle of august so will post some pics when finished.
good luck with your build! make sure to show us progress

best Lloyd

I have been taking photo's from the start but putting them on the web I have know idea as I am a computer twat but I will find someone who will.That hopefully will go on the sidecar,three wheeler section.cheers

Back