Street 750 update

Brigg

Club Member
The past 10 months have been somewhat of a challenge, frustratingly from day one the bike has appeared to be cursed!

Until a month ago I have covered marginally less miles on AA relay trucks than actually ridden.

After a failure to get to the Chalk Pony due to a failed fuel pump relay which had failed twice before I really felt like abandoning it in a nearby field.

After 3 faultless bikes, an 03 XLH new, an 07 1200C new and my 00 Deuce absolutely faultless, the XG750 was my way back into the club and meeting up with old mates (done at the foresters).

Sadly lack of confidence had led to trepidation in riding for a while.

After the drama of getting home from Calne the bike went to MOTO Cave in Swindon and after much head scratching, the bike idling for 15 minutes then 5 minutes after riding off failing again, and again and again lol

Eventually it was diagnosed with a catastrophic failure of every relay goodness knows how that had happened but I took it as heard.

MotoCave replaced all the relays and now the bike is running as it should in fact after the Foresters rally it hasn’t missed a beat!

I use it to commute from Swindon to Leyhill in Gloucestershire 5 days a week covering about 80 miles day at speeds up to 80+ anything more is uncomfortable and I’ve heard is somewhat illegal!

This has been one huge financial money pit, so it’s going after I’ve had it serviced I cant let it go until it is as good as it can before passing it on .

If I had not been so cheap I could have bought a reasonable big big twin for £7.5k. Instead I’ve spent £6k making it roadworthy.

Lesson learned !

Brigg

Interesting. I have had mine from new and to be honest only issue I have had so far has been the crap security system which has now finally (after getting the dealer to agree to remove it! ) No longer a problem. I have had no further suprise no starts since then. Its great not having to worry about pin codes or where to carry the fob as well 😃

Back