Trailer advice

Buck

Club Member
Some of you know I run a Motorcycle Ministry. I’ve got to that point where I need to carry more stuff like a gazebo/display tent plus ministry materials to some rallies where we have a more visible presence. I can’t stand the thought of trailering the bike so the solution seems to be a trailer for pulling by the bike.

So drawing on peoples personal experience, what should I be looking for, what should I be avoiding? Things like suspension types etc.

I may build one myself depending on what budget I end up with versus what is available.

Last edited:
keep you eye open there always one or two on the market
bought one for £175 but needed some repair work ,
the problem with them is you forget they are there ,,with a speed restriction of 60mph
i have a single wheel and a twin wheel ,,, the two wheeled one tows the best

Well I have bought a Freewheel Shuttle with a caddy box. Just setting the bike up for it now. Will fit a relay bypass unit for the electrics, former electronics engineer so no issues with that. I have a tow hitch coming but will need to fit a 50mm tow ball As the standard US size is 47mm. Good advice on tongue weight, cheers. Need to figure out the safety chain.

Tow bar and electrics are going on this week, there will be much wrenching and hopefully little swearing going on in the shed.

Well I got it, I rode 375 miles home with it, while it just had the contents of my saddle bags in it so it was far from loaded I can say it tows nicely, I kept forgetting it was there. I need to set up a more permanent solution to the electrics but it all works fine.
6A17CD83-0A90-479D-AD33-5258FD04B22E.jpeg

I loaded the trailer up and took it my storage unit, a couple of tents, stove, grill, some camping chairs and various odds and ends, probably about 60 kg. Tongue weight was 9kg, I still couldn't feel it on the back except over very bumpy surfaces. I'm loving this thing.
20230411_151949.jpg
20230411_152159.jpg

Welcome to the Trailer Set.

Trouble is - the bigger the capacity, the more you try and fit in. It does good to go back to basics every now and then..... :rolleyes:

Trouble is - the bigger the capacity, the more you try and fit in. It does good to go back to basics every now and then..... :rolleyes:
I bought it for a specific purpose, although I now see the appeal for general touring.

I have maxed out my trailer several times , once i took enough gear and food to cook for 27 over a weekend , plus my camping gear ,,
the old shovel pulled it no problem

Just another one of those 'bikers' formulae - one expands into the available space!o_O
Hence the reason if there is just one of you - get a two man tent! You never know - you might just 'pull'!!;)

i will be tra
Travel light.
Credit card=hotel room. Job done.🤣
I willbe travelling light to next years CZ Superally ie card /hotel room and my tent, i 100% garanttee i wont be sat on a Aldi Car park eating my breakfast, i will be earting my breakfast in my hotel or or buying a breakfast on a campsite not being a tightarse like some and eating at Aldi car parks lol

Reactions: M&M
i will be tra

I willbe travelling light to next years CZ Superally ie card /hotel room and my tent, i 100% garanttee i wont be sat on a Aldi Car park eating my breakfast, i will be earting my breakfast in my hotel or or buying a breakfast on a campsite not being a tightarse like some and eating at Aldi car parks lol
Was hat Aldi carpark stop which caused Halal's delhi-belly for the SR?

Back