V and H FP3 66005

MarcXGA

Club Member
I am looking to buy one for my SR. Anyone know if we are able to get a discount buying one anywhere in the UK? I have found loads that vary in price from ?323 to over ?400 lol........ Just looking to get one as cheap as possible :)

Re: V and H FP3 66005

Don't waste your money. Go to a Power Vision dealer, buy a PV license for around ?200 and get a much better tune.

Thanks for the reply.

Had a look and to be honest they seem just slightly more expensive then what I get a V and H for (?368 to ?568 vs ?323 for V and H). I also know V and H have quite a few maps for my bike.

Thanks for the reply.

Had a look and to be honest they seem just slightly more expensive then what I get a V and H for (?368 to ?568 vs ?323 for V and H). I also know V and H have quite a few maps for my bike.

If you get it dyno?d properly rather than using generic V&H maps (or their autotune function) it will run better than with an FP3 and you won?t need all of those generic maps that V&H have for the bike. The FP3 is pretty blunt instrument compared to using a proper dyno tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

Eh? Get a Power Vision license for ?200. Flash a superior tune to your bike. Done.

Eh? Get a Power Vision license for ?200. Flash a superior tune to your bike. Done.

Where is the physical power vision?

Now I can agree the PV is better than the FP3 but the Dynojet people in this country charge an exorbitant amount compared to the cost in the US.

Where is the physical power vision?

Unless you want to mount the PV permanently onto your bike and monitor all of your running engine parameters you don't need to buy one. By 'the Dynojet people in this country' I'm assuming that you mean authorised Power Vision dealers? All of my customers go for the license scheme which allows me to use my PV to tune their bikes. My PV is then 'married' to their bike ECM and they don't need their own PV. There are three options - the most basic is to flash a tune from the online PV library to your bike. The online library consists of a collection of tunes which are designed to work with the most popular components fitted such as a branded exhaust system and air filter. The second option is a wide band auto tune. If the dealer you choose has the wide band kit they can fit this to your bike and take it out a few times to perform auto tuning runs, This is more accurate than a downloaded tune but is not perfect as the engine can only be auto tuned under the load that it's subjected to on the road. You're not going to tune all of the operating area from idle to red line in every gear on a public road. The third and by far the best method is to take the bike to be tuned on a calibrated Dynojet 250i dyno by a trained Dynojet technician. On the dyno, wide band sensors are hooked up to the header pipes from each cylinder and then each cylinder is monitored and tuned from idle up to red line until the air/fuel ratio and ignition timing are perfect. Nothing else comes close to a good dyno tune. I keep all of the tunes and the PV license files so that if any of my customers change engine components in the future I can either tune the bike for them again myself, or I can send the PV license file to the dyno of their choice to be tuned again with another PV.

Now I can agree the PV is better than the FP3 but the Dynojet people in this country charge an exorbitant amount compared to the cost in the US.

You'll find that it's not only Dynojet products that are cheaper in the States - everything is. Welcome to the world of American designed bikes and performance upgrades ...

I have just bought a 2016 XG750 Street. The previous owner has removed the fuelpak FP 3 11. The bike will not start, I cannot bring up the diagnostic codes and it doesn’t have an immobiliser fob. It was shown running before I bought it. On arrival nada!

I have read the fPIII 11 is married to the bike for life, is that so? I have also read that it cannot flash map for other bikes once linked to the Street but it can read codes for other bikes is that so too?

With the codes and fob were these standard issue on early 2016 Streets?

when I follow the process shown on YouTube for the codes I only get the trip mileage

Brigg

Last edited:
I have just bought a 2016 XG750 Street. The previous owner has removed the fuelpak FP 3 11. The bike will not start, I cannot bring up the diagnostic codes and it doesn’t have an immobiliser fob. It was shown running before I bought it. On arrival nada!

I have read the fPIII 11 is married to the bike for life, is that so? I have also read that it cannot flash map for other bikes once linked to the Street but it can read codes for other bikes is that so too?

With the codes and fob were these standard issue on early 2016 Streets?

when I follow the process shown on YouTube for the codes I only get the trip mileage

Brigg

Yes, unless things have recently changed at V+H, you are correct. All the previous owner can use this FP3 for is to read error codes on other bikes. It also contains the original OEM map should you wish to revert back to stock. I can't help with your other questions but you really should have had this FP3 with the bike.

I thought so. Thanks for the reply buddy. The guy is reluctant to let the fuelpak go he paid £430 for it from Gateshead HD. They told him it could be transferred to other bikes… just on the off chance do you know if the street came with a key fob? (2016 model). Cheers Brigg

I thought so. Thanks for the reply buddy. The guy is reluctant to let the fuelpak go he paid £430 for it from Gateshead HD. They told him it could be transferred to other bikes… just on the off chance do you know if the street came with a key fob? (2016 model). Cheers Brigg

No, I have an FP3 but I don't have a Street.

Back