Waste of space buyers

Bob_103

Club Member
I've had my bike verbally sold now for 3 weeks, a guy from York gave the asking price and left £350 deposit.
He is supposed to be picking it up after Tuesday 1pm.
Now he has seen another HD fat bob in Teesside and wants his money back.
I gave him an invoice stating no refund or return of funds, in any way.
It's a private sale so he can do one, same as usual, if I don't get my money back you will be sorry.
Yeah whatever.

You are absolutely in the right, imo. You no doubt took the bike off the market, denying the opportunity of other sales. Keep the deposit.

I've had my bike verbally sold now for 3 weeks, a guy from York gave the asking price and left £350 deposit.
It's a private sale so he can do one, same as usual, if I don't get my money back you will be sorry.
Yeah whatever.
If he really pissed you off send him a season ticket for sunderland as a refund lol

If he really pissed you off send him a season ticket for sunderland as a refund lol
I once had a copper come he swore he would bring the £800 quid for my Bonny the following friday, i told people the bike was sold , then he phoned up to say his wife said they couldn't afford it. Lesson learnt take a deposit non returnable

Screenshot_20220516-161414_Google.jpg

Not with bikes but had that problem with selling a couple of cars. Deposit taken and then a phone call to say; sorry I've seen something else, sorry I can't afford it, sorry I can't get finance, and so on. I learnt my lesson. Now it stays on the market until cash in my hand or a bank transfer. First come first served.

Yeah whatever.
just think £350 quids worth of lager tickets for free

I get it now and again it really grips my shit so unnecessary deal with our own no probs when you get the fad types it goes left drives me nuts got one at the mo over a pair of wheels grrrrr

I think its just about to pay for my new rear tyre for my new rear wheel.
He said he will be at mine at 6pm tomorrow on his way to Aberdeen.
We'll let's see what happens

Well he turned up at 6.30 with his wife, I told him the same as i told him on the phone, your not getting it back, so he turned round called me a greedy bastard.
I said tarrar and he walked down the drive, wasted his time IMHO.

Well he turned up at 6.30 with his wife, I told him the same as i told him on the phone, your not getting it back, so he turned round called me a greedy bastard.
I said tarrar and he walked down the drive, wasted his time IMHO.
That's rich coming from a buyer who went back on his word, stitched you up and went elsewhere to buy a bike.........some folk :rolleyes:
Glad you stuck to your guns (y)

After years of riding pillion on rigids My mrs was starting to moan a little so I arranged to buy a softail from a guy in south London, gave him £500 deposit, he turns up at mine 15 mile ish, the ole lady opens the door a says I’m not going on the back of that.. I apologised told the bloke to keep the deposit. Give her her due she did another 5 years on a rigid with a 4x2 pad before I bought the 82 fxr

Back