Voyager

Re: Voyager

Seen them in the USA, where I think they are quite popular, but have not yet seen one in the UK. Never been quite sure how the law over here would view 4 wheels!
Simon C

Last edited:

iv seen them over here was thinking of it for mine spoke to the bloke who owned it and he loved it. But i did not like the back wheel and fender still being on the bike the wheel is not that high and would not like to hit some of the ramps around here. but must say i was temted :439:

Hi Mate I know with the Voyager all four wheels are in contact with the ground most of the time and the bike rear wheel is still the driving force. :smile:

Last edited:

Well i clicked on the link with some trepidation (trep-i-day-shun :wink:) but was pleasantly surprised. Dosent look bad at all and the concept seems fine. As a trike fan, and sometime owner, ive seen a lot worse - and the swap out time looks reasonable. Like an hour or so i would guess in spite of the sites info. But if you had one would you need to tow anything?

There used to be a guy in WLHR who used to have something similar.

Well i clicked on the link with some trepidation (trep-i-day-shun :wink:) but was pleasantly surprised. Dosent look bad at all and the concept seems fine. As a trike fan, and sometime owner, ive seen a lot worse - and the swap out time looks reasonable. Like an hour or so i would guess in spite of the sites info. But if you had one would you need to tow anything?

Was thinking alone the lines of a 1200 teardrop. :D :439:

Teardrop Trailers - Turtle 1200

Yes ok so I'm getting old and lazy. :wink:

There was an article in one of the MOT Testers journals about 2 years ago. It was about these and said that they will be MOT'd as a car, due to the four wheels in contact with the ground, not as a trike. A clever person could probably find you the article on-line.

Cheers Sam. I was thinking of just declaring that I had a new tow bar fitted or have the van/trailer permanently attached so that it became the trailer hitch. :D
as I only intend using it as it is intended ie roll on roll off for weekend runs and touring the remainder of the time the bike will still be a bike. and as both the bike and trailer will have insurance and the bike MOTd even if they run a plate check there should be no reason for the old bill to pull me.

Last edited:
Back