Forward Controls, Brake Pedal Conversion

Buellbloke

Of possible interest to some. If you have forwards fitted you might have gripes with the black double sided enamaled brake lever, its slippery when wet, is at a not too useful angle. Your foot tends to spend more time resting on the footrest mount than the actual footpeg. The lever requires much adjustment to make it function properly. There is an alternative "Harleys Billet Brake Lever" at UK £230 - US $280. Some say the Breakout lever works, (chrome can be painted) well actually it has the same lever as the Sportglide. Also the Fat Boy lever works too! It's wider for use with floor boards but hits the peg in the exact same spot where you need it, both have been adjusted back to factory spec
👍
If your lucky or have jam on it like me, you can pick either up quite cheap used (pun) though not really as the bikes are too new! Obtained both of these for £40 - $50 as the riders were upgrading their brand new levers for the billet ones. "Left Side Fat Boy, Right Side Breakout/Sportglide".
Am keeping the Breakout/Sportglide pedal and the Fatboy one is subject to requirments.
L.B.S-R.FB.jpg

I
Of possible interest to some. If you have forwards fitted you might have gripes with the black double sided enamaled brake lever, its slippery when wet, is at a not too useful angle. Your foot tends to spend more time resting on the footrest mount than the actual footpeg. The lever requires much adjustment to make it function properly. There is an alternative "Harleys Billet Brake Lever" at UK £230 - US $280. Some say the Breakout lever works, (chrome can be painted) well actually it has the same lever as the Sportglide. Also the Fat Boy lever works too! It's wider for use with floor boards but hits the peg in the exact same spot where you need it, both have been adjusted back to factory spec
👍
If your lucky or have jam on it like me, you can pick either up quite cheap used (pun) though not really as the bikes are too new! Obtained both of these for £40 - $50 as the riders were upgrading their brand new levers for the billet ones. "Left Side Fat Boy, Right Side Breakout/Sportglide".
Am keeping the Breakout/Sportglide pedal and the Fatboy one is subject to requirments.
View attachment 1200874
I Have size 13 feet and I have never liked the touring foot brake lever for me its needs to sit pointing to the side as I never ride with my feet facing forward always pointing at 2 o'clock I often thought about buying a 2nd hand one to adjust and after applying some heat bend it outwards so that it gives a more comfortable position on my RKS

Back