Luggage

Anyone running non harley luggage systems?

Comments?

Ta.
Off the top of my head, John Lucas from Region 19 is running Givvi Trekker panniers. Brian Goldsmith from Region 14 is using Bumot soft panniers.

At some point, I might change my HD alloy panniers for Givvi Trekker’s, but that’s only because my Bandit has Givvi pannier racks and that would give the option to use the same luggage on both the Pan Am and the Bandit.

Don’t know if either John or Brian come on here.

got alloy panniers on the BMW they have been on a BUEL , ENFIELD ,HARLEY and would fit on any bike i would buy ,,,
i have some soft panniers i use on the shovel ,
would i buy Alloys again yes

Brings to mind an interesting menory.
Back in 2001 I was running some non Harley luggage (Fabric military panniers from the Army Surplus store) en route to Finlake when they contacted the rear disc and caught fire on the M5 just before the A38. Frictions a bitch! 🤣
I suspected something was amiss when the Jag behind me slammed on the brakes and dropped right back. Then a guy on a sports bike came up beside me and started ponting frantically at the back of the bike. My girlfriend of the time was on the pillion.
So I pulled over and the whole back end of the bike was alight. Girlfriend jumped off and ran for her life.
Fortunatey I was carrying a knife (another plus point for doing so) and managed to put my hands in the flames and cut the straps and pull off the burning panniers.
All the cage drivers continied past glancing with interest at me trying to stomp on the remains of the panniers which were now spilling out my girflriends underwear.
A guy in an HGV slowed down and threw me a bottle of water out of his window whch I put to good use. (+1 for truckers!)
Eventually the cops turned up and were no use whatsoever and eventually a fire engine but by then as a seafarer well trained in fire fighting I had things well under control.
Tent also was above the panniers on a fender rack so had turned into a melted mess.
I assesed the situation and suggested carrying on "We can buy a new tent and some more knickers for you? Yes??"
But Amy my girlfriend refused to get back on the bike asserting that it must be unsafe......which it wasnt so I was forced to call the RAC and get it trailered home.
The relationship didn't last in the end. 😏

01.jpg02.jpgPIC_0003.JPGPIC_0004.JPGPIC_0010.JPG

Off the top of my head, John Lucas from Region 19 is running Givvi Trekker panniers. Brian Goldsmith from Region 14 is using Bumot soft panniers.

At some point, I might change my HD alloy panniers for Givvi Trekker’s, but that’s only because my Bandit has Givvi pannier racks and that would give the option to use the same luggage on both the Pan Am and the Bandit.

Don’t know if either John or Brian come on here.
John's not on the Forum, but you are right with the panniers as they are Givi Monokey.
The rear box is one of these and is amazing for the money. Big too - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125232784837

I have soft luggage options already.
Not keen on the bus size tins, but the givi look ok for the money.
Givi’s are probably just as wide as the HD alloy panniers. To reduce the width with hard panniers, that right hand pannier needs to be shaped so that the bottom of it tucks in under the silencer so that the top half of the pannier can be slimmer.

The HD sport panniers tuck in much tighter and don’t use a separate pannier rack, they attach directly to the hand rail fixings. Some owners have had problems with the locks on the Sport panniers failing.

IMG_7287.jpeg

Didnt like the sport panniers.
Way overpriced, and not enough capacity.
On the website, the givi's are slimmer when fitted. Or so it says.

Back