1982 Shovel Bobber for sale - any thoughts?

snowflake

H-DRCGB Treasurer
Anyone know this bike - my mate's interested?

Anyone got any thoughts/comments/observations?

shovel.jpg

shovel_2.jpg

shovel_3.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harley-d...084.l2632.R2.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xshovelhead.TRS0

Last edited:
Re: 1982 Shovel Bobber for sale - any thoughts?

"........anyone got any thoughts/comments/observations?

View attachment 30791

View attachment 30792

View attachment 30793

I downloaded the pics and altered the contrast to see that:
A later shovel frame* judging by the welded plate at the seat-post area, the reinforcement on the right rear down-leg, and the swingarm is a belt drive one from the position of the front mounting tab for the guard ( the chain-drive guard tab is rather more forward, about 2 inches nearer the s/a yoke reinfcmt.)
Possibly the bike was born a Sturgis?scratch_head

*Just how late may be indicated by a revealing pic of the cone. MoCo stopped stamping #'s just fore of the front tappet-block in................. '83 it seems.

ed: 5 minutes later I just noticed the link :redface::redface:

Last edited:

nice little late model lowrider (I guess as its listed as once being a fxsb on ebay) money is about right for that year dont think I would want to pay much more than the current price, there is cheaper out there for older bikes to be found but not that have already been bobbed etc. depends if your mate wants to ride something cool or build something cool for himself I guess

would need to be taxed and Mot'd at that age as well....

I think it's quite nice ... and if your mate loves the look and wants a custom Shovel, the work's been done.

It's tasteful too. The retention of the original final belt drive makes it a bit different.

The only negative would be the fuel tank. It's peanut-Sporty size or smaller and that would piss you off on a long ride.

Anyone after exactly this look would be pleased. After the usual smoke/compression checks.

Anyone wanting to customise a Shovel their own way should heed Chopper's advice.

I like it, although it is best to ride it first.

Absence of side stand rubber suggests recent loss of said item, or poor attention to detail. In my experience, without the rubber they vibrate against the casing.

There was a similar one on Ebay, built by Sickboys, that one looked very good also.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Rod

Thanks guys - he bought it.
Picks it up next week! :)

Back