2001 Softail, 100", carbed, cams and head work.

Fast Lane

Club Member
A 100 inch conversion on a 2001 Softail with a Mikuni HSR42 carb, Andrews TW55 gear driven cams and head work. The customer took the bike to a dyno tuner closer to home that I'm not familiar with but they did a fantastic job. The final numbers are 117.5 ft/lbs of torque at 3450 RPM and 115.5 HP at 5750 RPM. Over 100 ft/lb of torque from 2500 RPM all the way to 5750 RPM - this will be a blast to ride.

Dyno chart - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2001 Softail, 100", carbed, cams and head work.

Alex, if I read it right and the lower figures are the initial run and the top ones the 'tweeked' run then that's amazing. It's almost double at the 5750 rpm you state and pulling all the way up!

What a difference in ride the owners going to see.

No Tom - the lower line on the graph is the torque output and the upper line is horse power. The thing that's confusing is that this dyno tuning centre (and most others) don't scale the graph correctly. If you look at all the other graphs I've posted you can see that the TQ and HP lines always intersect at 5252 RPM - they have to because HP= (RPM x TQ)/5252. I've no idea why this dyno has printed two traces for each parameter, there should be only one final measurement for each. They wouldn't be a first and last run with there being such a small difference between the two. The customer supplied the exhaust system and I usually tune carbs myself with my own O2 sensors and meter but the exhaust never had the ports for them and the welder was too busy to fit them at short notice. This meant that the carb was fitted as it came with a 25 pilot, 160 main and the 97 needle on the middle clip. With the heads being worked it would have been running lean so it would have been a long way from the final figures we see here ...

Ah, I see the other scale now. Thanks for that. Very interesting. When you start on the maths you're taking me back 35 years though!!

Back