30 out of 132

robbiemac

Club Member
that's how many teeth were left on the drive belt when it went south yesterday on the way to the BMF show.

Looks like i will be doing some work on it then.

Anyone got part numbers for a 132T belt and a 60T rear sprocket for a 1990 FLHS.
:)

Re: 30 out of 132

That is one HUNGRY bike!!!!
Sorry, can't help with the #.

robbiemac said:
that's how many teeth were left on the drive belt when it went south yesterday on the way to the BMF show.

Looks like i will be doing some work on it then.

Anyone got part numbers for a 132T belt and a 60T rear sprocket for a 1990 FLHS.
Tommorrow from work.

Part number for the 132 tooth belt is : 40023-86
1990 FLHS takes a 61 tooth sprocket (UK model) so you had better check.
Part number for the 61 tooth is 40236-88A.

Thanks for the numbers, you are right PhilD, it's a 61T, must have miscounted when i was crawling around on the garage floor.
Got a source for the bits so will be getting dirty hands over this weekend no doubt.
I will let ya all know the outcome.

Got the outer and inner primary off this weekend, all looks ok and the front pulley looks ok. Should get the new belt and rear pulley this coming week.
Whilst i'm doing that i will be putting progressive springs in the front end.

I thought i was gonna break my "little" bar when taking off the compensator, it sure had a bend when i was leaning on it.

Try to get yourself a short piece of scaffold pole to fit over the end of your torque wrench when re-doing it = leverage, saves on having to eat spinach.

In furure, and ONLY if removing (so you can check for loose rotor magnets) the comp nut, put pressure on it and hit it a few sharp smacks with a hammer.
The shockwaves break the seal. ;)

Sorted, got a BDL belt (made by GATES) and an OEM pulley from Le Rock at a better price that Guernsey HD quote. Fitted them today and had a shakedown run and all cool.:)

All that's left to do for the moment is to fit the progressive springs and swap out a fork seal and stanchion (later)....
Thanks for the tips and your help guys.
:D

Just in time for the good weather kickin in.
grinning-smiley-004.gif

All sorted now, got the front end completed last night and went to work today, 60 miles round trip and all feels ok.
I must have saved about ?400 doing the work myself.
Guess i can go and treat myself to some beers tonight:D

Thanks for all the input.:)

Back