350 engine

Sean

Club Member
hello, is there anyone out there in the north east of England/north Yorkshire/east Cumbria who has an mt 350 that may let my daughter try to start I have the 500 but she can't start that,we are going to try to swop but I would like to see if she can start the smaller engine before we do anything drastic

Re: 350 engine

Are the 350s not all electric start as well as kickstart, and Ultima Tony has fitted a 500 and that is electric start.

Unfortunately its going into a custom built bike and so at the moment is kick start only so will need to be able to kick start the engine until we get the electrics/switch sorted

The 350 engine is the same size as the 500, the electric start sits on the front at the top so would not take any more room in the frame.
Some of the lads have even put the 600 engines in theeir MT as they are all the same size.
I'm lucky enough to have a 500e also

Maybe I'm missing something here.
The charging and starting componants are both included in the engine "footprint",so will be acomerdated in what ever frame you use.
You'll need some basic wiring just to start,run,and stop it,whatever the method of starting.
A small plate with a 1/2" hole mounted to an engine bolt etc,fitted with a push button and one extra wire,and you have electric start.
If she can't kickstart it,do you scrap the project,even though the engine is fitted with a starter?

I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for the electric start yet. I am concerned that the starter motor will snag the front engine mount bolt. As in the first request is there anyone reasonably local we can visit see if my daughter can start the bike, get dimensions and get idea of what is required. I have only seen the 350 at Stafford show and not taken any notice because my bike was a 500 .It's sitting in my garage doing nothing she might as well get some use out of it.

Back