39mm front end for FXR

Glenn Street

Club Member
Hi , I need to replace my front end, and upgrade to 39mm forks and yokes ,also need another 9 spoke alloy 19" front wheel, do sportster yokes fit FXR's and are the 39mm forks std all the same length? I know FXLR forks are longer, I could fit FXRS air assisted type, does any one what for sure will fit and know of any available for sale. Thanks Glenn 4159

Does this help.

HD Fork Tube Size Chart.jpg

Hi Dave, Yes it's all of interest, now know all 35mm FX, FXR & XL tubes are same length, and that all 39mm FXR , DYNA & XL are all same inc FXLR
( I for sure thought FXLR were longer-wrong!) also looks like my '87 FXR with 35mm forks were rare, shame it is now all bent! so my long (33years)
awaited upgrade to 39mm is to happen... regards Glenn

To add some confusion, the factory manual says that FXRS tubes and springs are longer than FXRT tubes and springs, but doesn't give any measurements.
20230813_114510.jpg

Hi Roach, I hope your FXR is back on the road, if not stick it in a van and come visit me, I need to measure a few things... I should have checked Phil's Sportster when he came the other day, seems i will have to keep to pre '99 parts or I will end up changing to sealed wheel bearings etc
call in if you are able, but phone 1st as more hospital appointments looming...

Hi Glenn, my bike's back on the road so I'll pay you a visit.
One day in the week if you're free.

Hi we are out wednesday, but should be about rest of week, got to get various NHS kit collected some time, some stuff now surplus to requirements I am pleased to say! getting about on feet now, and progressed so that I keep forgetting where I have left my Crutch!
Remind me to measure your FXR forks etc....

Back