3CB region committee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocinante

Harleyquin Editor
Dear All,
Simon has stood down as region rep with immediate effect, and Scott isn't able to commit to the role, partly due to other commitments and partly due to the fact that he intends not renewing his membership next month.
To be honest, I'm not sure where that leaves us, 😕 and have requested guidance.
It seems unthinkable that a region with (currently) 35 members might have to be declared dormant, so if anybody has suggestions as to how to move forward, please have the discussion here, rather than on Facebook...

Dear All,
Simon has stood down as region rep with immediate effect, and Scott isn't able to commit to the role, partly due to other commitments and partly due to the fact that he intends not renewing his membership next month.
To be honest, I'm not sure where that leaves us, 😕 and have requested guidance.
It seems unthinkable that a region with (currently) 35 members might have to be declared dormant, so if anybody has suggestions as to how to move forward, please have the discussion here, rather than on Facebook...

A post on the Facebook group explaining that there is a thread here on the forum that is requesting suggestions for how to keep the region alive and compliant with the constitution might encourage some of the regions members to come onto the forum and contribute suggestions and ideas.

If the post is put up by a group admin, it can be “ locked” and have commenting turned off to prevent discussion of club business on Facebook and it simply becomes an information post.

I too am sorry Simon and Scott have decided to step down from their posts, with summer being holiday and rally season we haven't had chance to get to know each other at all.

To learn that they are also not renewing their memberships is a shame, the Riders Club is a great club and being part of the Federation gives you the opportunity to meet and make friendships nationally and European wide, it's not just a regional thing.

Region 24 has been active since conception and as far as I'm concerned still is, but we don't all want to do the same things, some want ride outs others prefer to rally, there is no wrong or right, just don't try and force members into doing what they don't want, or expect activities to be laid on, Reps and Assistants are volunteers not nurse maids.

It can't be denied there is friction between some region members, but the region 'being saved' by others who only know one side is not helpful.

Barbara Cooper
Region 24
Member No. 00484

As an outsider but knowing the membership that rally I would suggest that a couple of you keep things ticking over. All you need is a rep in name and for that person to simply post post here on R24 with whatever is going on, even if it's just rallies you are going to attend next year. Have you got a Facebook page? I can't find one but you don't need to have one anyway. I took over Central Sth in 2003 after it had been dormant for about 10 years and that was before Facebook pages to regions and we got on ok.
Good luck but please keep the region going for the sake of the club and any newbies in your area.

As an outsider but knowing the membership that rally I would suggest that a couple of you keep things ticking over. All you need is a rep in name and for that person to simply post post here on R24 with whatever is going on, even if it's just rallies you are going to attend next year. Have you got a Facebook page? I can't find one but you don't need to have one anyway. I took over Central Sth in 2003 after it had been dormant for about 10 years and that was before Facebook pages to regions and we got on ok.
Good luck but please keep the region going for the sake of the club and any newbies in your area.
Hi BaZa, Just sent an invite to the R24 FB page.

It is a shame this has come about as only recently Met Scott at one of their meets at the Roadhouse, Basingstoke, but R19 always have open doors to anyone wishing to join in on our rides/events if R24 members are looking for something to do in the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back