8 Lube Pump

Doc

Club Member
Hi all.
Last owner of my 2019 RKS had a 8 lube oil pump fitted in 2021. Just wanted to know if this would have come with back plate and seal ? Or do all 8 lube oil pumps come with back plate and seal in the box ?
I have a Trask oil tank vent system I want to fit but can't if the pump doesn't have the back plate & seal.

Thanks Doc

Last edited:
Hi all.
Last owner of my 2019 RKS had a 8 lube oil pump fitted in 2021. Just wanted to know if this would have come with back plate and seal ? Or do all 8 lube oil pumps come with back plate and seal in the box ?
I have a Trask oil tank vent system I want to fit but can't if the pump doesn't have the back plate & seal.

Thanks Doc

Reply number 8 in the following post has the info you need

If the new pump was a genuine HD 2020 model year onwards pump, it would have been supplied with the back plate and seal. The info in the above post tells you how to identify if its the newer design pump, but you’ll have to take the cam chest apart to do a visual check on the pump. If the paperwork for the new pump came with the bike, cross check the part numbers.

If it was an aftermarket pump, you’ll need to check with the manufacturer. Some of the S&S uprated M8 pumps were supplied without a seal.

Reactions: M&M
Back