97-03 xl1200S

Back when that was a new bike I was very impressed with suspension that actually moved when I lowered my massive 10 stone (riding gear included) on to it. On enquiring about the price for a pair of the rear shocks I as horrified when told they were £350..... each! Once they had bought me round I declined their kind offer of GBH to my wallet and went back to using the haversack full of bricks method of getting the suspension to move;).

Joking aside, if you fancy the original shocks have a look at the price first.

Ron.

I'm getting my 2000 XL1200S ready for sale. Full top end rebuild with new valves, rockers etc, new cams (N2), re-bored, wheels and forks fully refurbished, carb re-furbished and re-jetted, new coil, leads, belt and pulleys. Bike has been run in (properly) but health issues mean I no longer enjoy riding it. Need £6000 ono with all the spares. I've spent way more than that on it and wasn't intending to sell before next year. Got a ton of spares as well including an ignition module, tank, seat, mudguards, fork legs and bushes and various other stuff. Obviously got HD and Clymer manuals and a parts list as well.

Last edited:
Back