A few questions on primary manual chain tensioner install

Invasion1973

A Learning curve for me today. Decided to fit SE manual primary chain tensioner on my 2007 FXSTC

So far I have removed primary cover and removed auto adjusting primary chain tensioner .

IMG_7824.jpeg

I was expecting to find primary chain way to tight, but to be honest, it wasn’t as tight as I thought it would be.
None the less still worth changing and binning the auto ratchet one. Not that have any knowledge but all looked in good condition to me.
I Do have a few questions though being new to all of this:

Last oil change was about a thousand miles ago does look normal colour for primary oil with just a thousand miles. Drain plug magnet didn’t have much on it just a kind metallic paste but very little

IMG_7835.jpeg

Does starter motor teeth look normal or are they worn ?

IMG_7830.jpeg

IMG_7826.jpeg

I am now at point where I’m about to install SE manual chain tensioner.
I Can’t find anything that says use Loctite on tensioner bolts so assuming not needed ? Also would like to know if I should use Loctite on primary cover bolts ?

after installation I want to find tightest point on chain, to make correct chain tension adjustment Is it ok to put socket on compensator nut, to rotate chain to find this point ? Sorry if dumb question this is all new to me!

IMG_7831.jpeg

And lastly is this correct point (red line) to fill up to with primary oil ?

IMG_7832.jpeg

Thank you for any help much appreciated.👍🏻

Back