A Year in the Life of H-DRCGB

Re: A Year in the Life of H-DRCGB

I bought a VHS copy off Ebay for £10 last Summer.

Last edited:

Painful to see how much many of us have aged! (and sad to see some lost faces)

I look back and enjoy this vid no end , and i;am pleased to say that although the years have flown by we[ve managed to evolved with the times withpout having any revolutions nd we;ve kept our clubs Ethos that has served us so well

72 years of History, you can;t buy that

Just watched it again such lovely times, so sad to see faces that are no longer with us, Mr shipley Don Frear, had the honour of doing a eulogy on behalf of the club for Don,pete and jackie corris, tragically taklen from us in an accident, Bev from yorkshire sadly died far to young, Rocky so so many it brings a tear to your eye such lovely people , we 've lost so many lovely peopler but when i look at this vid their spirit lives on and i;am a better person for knowing them . plus ive made so many friends across GB and Europe riding theses archaic motorcyles that have such a heart beating inside thier engines

Watched this video 3 times now, towards the end, is the Harewood House/Shipley footage, saw loads of faces, my mate Gerry, his Brother, Fargus and Sharon.
Have been trying to work out why we weren't in the Video, just talking to Lottie, '92 she was pregnant with our Daughter, and our tent leaked, so no Ride out for me, as I was in the toilet block, sitting on those huge tumble dryers, drying out the sleeping bags!!! Ace Video though, and some great memories...

Watched this video 3 times now, towards the end, is the Harewood House/Shipley footage, saw loads of faces, my mate Gerry, his Brother, Fargus and Sharon.
Have been trying to work out why we weren't in the Video, just talking to Lottie, '92 she was pregnant with our Daughter, and our tent leaked, so no Ride out for me, as I was in the toilet block, sitting on those huge tumble dryers, drying out the sleeping bags!!! Ace Video though, and some great memories...

Brings it all back mate, they recon Paul Parslow went to buy a round once at shipley but it took him so long to get his wallet out they ran out of beer.

I can remember comning up the hill at Baildon loads of mad cloggies on 45 riding with thier sirens going, if it was a friday you were far better off rider past the malt shovel because oif you stopped for one it was never just one pint.you would get loads of abuse as you rode past the pub l;ol funny enough 32 years later i;am still getting abuse of club members/mates lol great craic

Hey! thats not fair - I'm not the first one to have forgotten his combination!

Love that clip of Claire. I love seeing the old club videos, friends who passed. You could actually walk around a field and no two bikes would be the same.
bring back the blues to rally. Sick of badly played heavy metal

What a great film, certainly captured what the club is about, it's members and our values, true then as it is today. Perhaps next year we could do another in a similar format, a record of club life post pandemic, it would be a useful way of recruiting new members and could be used at shows by our PR team, even sold as a DVD?

Back