Active exhaust valve on a 2012 Fat Boy.

Twin Cam Softails have never had a catalyst fitted in the header pipes, any where fitted were in the stock silencers and some Screaming Eagle street legal versions.
Thanks for the clarification, so I'm effectively running a de-catted open exhaust on my 2012

Thanks for the reply,
It looks like, I'm going to need to start from scratch then really...
I guess the best thing to do, is go to my harley dealer & see how much they will charge to re-tune the bike.
I'm thinking an FP4 might be the cheapest option?
On my 2014, Cats are in the mufflers not the headers.
FP3 for my model year and also some good deals to be had on them.
I removed the air filter restriction, fitted.
Fitted Rinehart mufflers installed a K&N air filter and tuned it with an FP3.

FB_IMG_1710058960887.jpg

FB_IMG_1710058940765.jpg

Thanks, I'll contact them.

My bike has a full stage one, stock headers with V&H slip-ons, Screaming Eagle filter & a diag4 tune carried out by a Harley dealer...
If I were to put V&H Big shots on the bike, do you think I would be okay? Or need to retune it?

Personally I would leave the V&H in situ, dunno what you would gain by swapping to big shots, you've already got rid of the cats by changing the mufflers.

Re-tuning, I think it's always wise to re tune.

Do you know of anywhere, that has the FP3 in stock? I can't seem to find anywhere

I think FP3 was discontinued by V&H and replaced with the FP4 which is less versatile, but will give you a stage 1 map. To be honest, if the bike has already had a stage 1 map loaded onto it by a dealer, you are unlikely to get any noticeable real world gains by changing to an FP3 or FP4 and will probably spending money needlessly.

If you want it to run at its best, fit your chosen mods and pay for a dyno based tune.

Personally I would leave the V&H in situ, dunno what you would gain by swapping to big shots, you've already got rid of the cats by changing the mufflers.

Re-tuning, I think it's always wise to re tune.
I know i won't gain anything as such, I just really like the look of the Big shots. It's more an aesthetics thing for me.

I think FP3 was discontinued by V&H and replaced with the FP4 which is less versatile, but will give you a stage 1 map. To be honest, if the bike has already had a stage 1 map loaded onto it by a dealer, you are unlikely to get any noticeable real world gains by changing to an FP3 or FP4 and will probably spending money needlessly.

If you want it to run at its best, fit your chosen mods and pay for a dyno based tune.
So putting the big shots on isn't going to blow the motor up? As I guess there will be little difference between them & the de-catted stock stuff that's on there now

Back