Aermacchi 350 4 strokes

Gypsy

What is the opinion on these bikes ,seem interesting to me but not come across many members who run one .I suppose a lot of people didn't like them as they thought they were not proper Harleys , but nonetheless they had there place .
If anyone has owned one and could tell us a bit about them it would be interesting ..
Cheers..:wink:

Re: Aermacchi 350 4 strokes

Ken Lee has some experience (got his daughter one) of them.

I like them. They were simple, well made and fairly bullet proof and I think well styled. I'd be interested to know how their oiling system ran to keep it all healthy.

Harley were joint owners 50% of the company. If one wanted to be picky, one might work out what percentage of H-Ds these days are not company made (apparently it was a special government perk that allows H-D not to list how much of them are made abroad).

They did really well in the Isle of Man, back in their day, however I suspect this was partly due to their good fuel consumption. I'd like to see a contemporary one with a 700cc single cylinder.

The racing versions were more advanced than the road ones but sadly none of it filtered back in. Folk since are making some scorching looking racers out of them.

Most of the racing bikes of that type seem to command high prices ,bit beyond me though...most of the road 350's were stripped down and engines used for racing so getting rarer in original form...

Back