allen key size

Kinghog

Club Member
can sum1 tell me what the correct allen key size (behind the roadking name plate) is to adjust the handle bars on a roadking ? cheers

I selected a 2012 road king on ronnies. It shows the part number for part #15.

When I do a search for that it is described as Torx.
Ronnie's Harley-Davidson's 2012 Harley Davidson FLHR ROAD KING® (FB) | HANDLEBAR ASSEMBLY Parts List (onlinemicrofiche.com)
12600003|Harley-Davidson® 5/16"-18 X 1-1/4" Torx Socket Head Screw with Scotch Grip (Grade 5)|Chester Harley-Davidson® (chester-harley-davidson.co.uk)

As to the size of bit I just keep increasing the size to make sure I use the biggest one that fits.

If not 2012 you can just do what I did.

It will almost certainly be an imperial size you need if hex.

I did a lookup on a 2008 and it is hex head screw 3210A.

Last edited:
I would if i cud get at it, need a long reach allen key, im guessin its around 7mm or equivalent,

Just measure it across the flats... with an imperial measure. It looks like it is 1/4" hex driver you need.

If you are going to be working on the bike further then you are going to need other hex drivers. It would be worth looking over the bike to see but a set for occasional use doesn't have to be expensive.

Just measure it across the flats... with an imperial measure. It looks like it is 1/4" hex driver you need.

If you are going to be working on the bike further then you are going to need other hex drivers. It would be worth looking over the bike to see but a set for occasional use doesn't have to be expensive.

its defiantly an allen key 6mm fits but not as good as id like i maybe will phone the dealer an ask them

If it's any help, my old dyna and my current softail are 1/4 inch, just make sure it's a real snug fit and don't be tempted to use the ball end.
Round them off and your in a world of poo. Good luck.

Back