Andy from Glenlivet

Gasaxe

Club Member
Years ago I had a ride down to Braemar with a chap called Andy who lived near the distillery in Glenlivet . He had as he put it , two wheels , one leg and no worries .
I remember the bike he had was like a bigger version of my sportster and that’s what I’m interested in .
Been looking for another Harley , preferably an evo 1340 and yesterday I had a go on an electra glide and although the torque and smoothness was amazing, it was just too heavy and big for me , couldn’t reach the side stand from the saddle and if I dropped it there is no way I’d get it back up .
I sold my 96 1200 sportster because of the engine vibration , it being solid engine mounts .
The bike Andy had was rubber mounted , had the footrests in a sensible place and reasonable handlebars and didn’t seem to weigh a ton .
Anyone know what it was/ is and is Andy still in the area ?
Can anyone advise how the later rubber mounted sportsters compare to the 1340
power delivery ?

I have an 883 Iron, stage 1 tuned. It keeps up with a mates streetbob no bother up to about 90. I would imagine a 1200 would do just fine, just a bit higher revving than the big twins.

Last edited:
I had a 96 1200 S and yes they go well enough , my problem was the vibration because of the solid engine mounts on sporties up to 2004 .
Oh and the small fuel tank .
I think the Dyna has more low down torque , rubber mounted engine and a bigger tank and doesn’t weigh that much more.
is your sporty rubber mounted Shaun ?

Why not throw a quick glance at the Sportster 1200T, the touring Sportie with bags, big tank, screen and plush seat? could be of interest?

I had a 96 1200 S and yes they go well enough , my problem was the vibration because of the solid engine mounts on sporties up to 2004 .
Oh and the small fuel tank .
I think the Dyna has more low down torque , rubber mounted engine and a bigger tank and doesn’t weigh that much more.
is your sporty rubber mounted Shaun ?

Yeah it's a 2016 model. Vibration is minimal at speed.

Back