Avon Cobra Chrome

Mr B

Is anyone using one of these on a Tourer. What are they like.
My front Avon Venom is going to be replaced with one of these, and it appears the Venom is no longer available. I'v never heard of a Cobra Chrome before.
The one that is going to be replaced is on the front of my 2003 Road King, there's loads of tread left, no cracks, but as it's having to be stripped of the rim anyway, I thought that I'd fit a new one because it's been on there for 15 years and in my opinion, it's well passed it's safe and useful life. I daren't trust it.
Any thoughts please.
Brian.

I can’t attest to them on a tourer but I had chromes on my TC Dyna which I did tons of 2 up miles on and was so happy I fitted a pair on my fxr.

Done thousands of miles home and abroad on them with no complaints. 2003 tourer.

Have them fitted to my Dyna and previous Dyna, will look to having them fit to my FLSTF and my FXLRS when the time comes.

Used them on my 2009 RoadKing and the 1999 Sportster. wouldn't use anything else now. I'd definitely recommend them. Also found that the same as the venoms before a couple of pounds more pressure works well.

Last edited:
On my third set of Cobra's - Avon tyres are among the finest in the market and more competitively priced than other quality manufacturers and best of all they are British - what's not to like! They are standard fitment on Triumph cruisers and would be for Harley if they had any sense, far superior than Dunlop, especially in the wet!

I've got Cobras on mine.

Fantastic tyres but when they got near the end of their life they get a bit squirrely

Back