Bike Theft - Valuation for Insurance

El Hombre

Club Member
I'm a bit concerned about the payout if my bike is stolen. The book price is not going to reflect the value and I'm thinking about getting a valuation to send off to the insurance company. Anyone done this and who did you go to?

Thanks.

Mines i sured through harley insurance-carol nash. Just a form to fill in, and valued by a main dealer. Warrs would be your best bet.

Also have a look at Footman and James, they do a self valuation up to 10K, also salvage retention that might be equally important to you.

I’ve got the shovel, 45, and a series 2 Landrover all on one policy (the agreed mileage can be split however over the three vehicles) with footman James. Up to 15k with no report, one over 15k, just needed a self declaration and some photos.

The 45 was added mid-policy with no problems, so happy with the customer service side of things.

jon

I'm with Peter James, got 3 bikes on one policy in London for £300, but they are a bit undervalued. I have to send photos and get something from Warrs to show the value. I think it's worthwhile, but have to wait for the weather to cool off a bit before I take the shovel into town.

Back